Author Topic: Fursuit costs and suppliers  (Read 36192 times)

Offline Akinokaze

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Doggystyler.
    • View Profile
    • My FA
Re: Fursuit costs and suppliers
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 20:45:29 »
Yep, chances are I'll never get to try a suit.

I don't know if that's true- at the very least you'll probably have a chance at CF at some point, even if it's only brief.
Kinda a hard thing to even ask someone about though given 1) how personal the suit is and 2) how expensive it is.
If Homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in gay to work. �Hello. Can't work today, still gay.�
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." Martin Luther King Jr

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 21:03:26 »
I can agree there actually. I'm very protective of my own stuff, and almost certainly would be about a fursuit. Like you say it's very personal (especially as my fursona is more than just a character to me), plus I wouldn't want it mistreated or damaged.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 21:12:38 by James The Dog »

Offline valebear

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 00:53:39 »
I still haven't decided whether I should get one eventually or not. I'm worried that if I had one, I'd hardly ever use it!

I have the same thoughts about getting a fursuit and hardly using it, but to attend one convention a year with it, it would be worth it.

Then there's the added bonus of sharing fursuit photos & videos online with others.

I could wear it for new year celebrations, Christmas etc, but only in the company of trusted friends.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 00:57:37 by valebear »

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:51:33 »
all the talk of only using it once or at a con once a year. Just remember you will use it as much as you present yourself with oppertuninties to! If you only go one con a year and dont do anything else you can still use it at home or celebrations. Then theres meets and friends parties, mini cons etc or maybe you decided you enjoyed Cf so much you want to go to EF or AC There are honestly as many things to do in your suit as you can think of even down to as some suiters do occasionally doing charity work.

To answer Akinokaze too, its not really like wearing a hat (unless your suit has a hat to keep it on your head of course) its more like wearing a balaclava that doesnt quite touch your head like an inch away. I know what you mean about the tight feeling around yoru head with hats but really if you wear a hat for a while that feeling goes anyway. Its not so much the effect of having something around you than its the weight on your head but mostly the having your senses effected thats the bit to get over.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

FurbleFox

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 08:12:09 »
Yup, one of the best out there, but I think that auction is VERY expensive for a 2nd hand fursuit >.<

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:17 »
Not for one of those suits they often go for more I wouldnt be suprised if this doesnt go up more before it ends
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline KazFerret

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 08:39:52 »
 :o $1,876.11, thats probally more, or about the same ammount as when it was new, but then any thing by Latin Vixen always sells well.

Offline schenzi

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 11:25:43 »
A lot of well known makers will be fully booked up for ages, but if you have a good reference picture you can probably ask for quotes on the ukfur forums or on the livejournal fursuit auctions page:
http://community.livejournal.com/fursuitauctions/

There are a lot of up and coming US fursuit makers who are really quite cheap at the moment.

phanda

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 05:05:07 »
here what i say if u want to make one then try to find someone that can help make it with u
here is a good websit for fur
http://www.distinctivefabric.com/

Offline KazFerret

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 16:00:41 »
here what i say if u want to make one then try to find someone that can help make it with u

That unfortunatly don't ship to the UK

phanda

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 16:03:35 »

That unfortunatly don't ship to the UK
really that sucks
sorry

Offline KazFerret

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 07:06:33 »
Not your problem at all,

The fur that you can get there can be got from a few other places, fabric.com is probally the best that ships to the UK

Offline keeko

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 13:23:16 »
i know its a stupid question because i think i know the answer anyway... is it cheaper and much quicker to make your own suit?
i would have thought so as your going at your own pace and you can select materials your self but better to get someone elses opinion :)

FurbleFox

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 15:42:21 »
Usually, it is a lot cheaper to make your own suit.
If you're artistically minded, usually you can do a better job of it than most. It's always worth giving it a go, if you don't like it, then you've not wasted much and you can always commission someone after anyway.

Hope that helps!