Author Topic: Fursuit costs and suppliers  (Read 36287 times)

Offline keeko

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Fursuit costs and suppliers
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 12:26:16 »
Thanks Furble  :)
i'll give it a go then but i think the head is guna most difficult for me although im not very artistically minded one of my friends sure is and shes agreed to helping me luckily ;)
besides most people are fully booked up for the next year so its worth giving it a go untill i can get someone to commission me one if needed :)

thanks again Furble *hugs*

Offline mandalastudios

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 16:18:03 »

Besides furbid where else can I look?

Checked out Fursuiters UK, but only four makers listed in the UK and all apparently fully booked.

came across your message - we're on that list (Kangena) and we have slots opening for commissions soon. We tend towards sculpting rather than carving (and so are expensive) but it depends what you're looking for. We also tend to do realistic suits rather than toons but we'd be quite happy to do a toon like suit if requested.

we're on facebook (search for Mandala Studios - we're the one with the pic of the polar bear) - if you want to see what we're up to from time to time (currently working on a cartoon mouse mascot and we're doing a step by step photo tutorial of how its being made  in case you fancy trying it yourself)

huskeywolf

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 16:45:46 »
i know of a place that does a suit for around £400 + . you pay say 25% in advance and the rest in say 12 weeks. head for about £ 200 +.   indoor footpaws £ 50 up to £80. where is it  i know.and its in the midlands. cheaper than the internet.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 22:24:00 »
Extra note for keeko, if you interested in building your own suit have a look on youtube theres plenty of videos showing how the more profesionals construct the bases for things like the heads so you can simply follow them as a guide. You do really need some equipment so its not without cost but its certainly a good 1.3rd the cost of having a profesional make a suit. Only problem for alot of uk suit makers is we arent blessed with such a range of high quality furs that say America are although theres some great sites willing to ship over to us for not too much money.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

huskeywolf

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 17:05:12 »
please then will someone make me a suit ok.  howabout a copy of say FROST T WOLF.  ha ha ha + a pouch for storing lots of COOKIES.?