Author Topic: ConFuzzled Registration  (Read 16047 times)

FurbleFox

ConFuzzled Registration
« on: August 16, 2009, 21:13:47 »
Hello Attendees!

The wait is finally over and we're very excited to say that after a disaster with a few cookie crumbs getting into the CF computer and a misplaced cup of tea...

...Registration for ConFuzzled 2010 opens at 18:00 on Monday 17th August. 

A lot of hard work has gone into our registration system this year and we'd like to thank Dingotush for his hard work getting it online, Timduru for the bug squishing he did for us and our testers who did a great job in making sure the system works well.

Finally, we'd like to also thank the guys over at EuroFurence, (especially Jumpy, Zefiro, Fairlight & Cheetah) for very kindly providing us with a world class system to be proud of.

You guys seriously kick ass.

---------------

Before registration opens, we just want to point you at a few differences from previous years.??

Firstly, your registration for ConFuzzled is not confirmed until we have received your payment. Therefore, if two people are competing for one space, whoever pays first will receive the space. The other person will be put on a waiting list. After completing registration, the following payment deadlines will apply:

* 24 hours for Google Checkout, Paypal, or Faster Payments Service via your bank.

* 5 working days for Bank Transfer, HSBC Counter payments, or IBAN/Swift payments.

You will receive the payment information after registering, confirming your email address and the ConFuzzled staff having checked over your registration details.

Please make sure that you can pay within the deadlines as we need to confirm numbers with the venue quite quickly. Therefore we can't afford to have registrations with overdue payments hanging about. Brok will get very cross!

Finally, we have an initial room allocation from the hotel which governs the number of spaces at ConFuzzled 2010. Should there be a lot of demand, we can extend the booking in blocks. Therefore, if ConFuzzled 2010 is full by the time you wish to register, STILL REGISTER YOUR INTEREST by registering for ConFuzzled 2010. Otherwise we won't know that you're interested and therefore won't know the demand for more spaces.

OK, that's about it. The link will be available from the website tomorrow. Good luck everyone and we'll see you at the con! :)

Offline BrunoMeles

• Cookie Eater
  • Same species as Brok!
    • View Profile
    • My Fur Affinity Page
Re: ConFuzzled Registration
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 18:35:48 »
Just to make absolutely sure, does that mean I only have to pay once the ConFuzzled staff have responded to my registration? I've already registered, and now I'm told I have to wait a few days until the staff check my registration details. I know I sound totally clueless, but I just don't want to end up finding out that I've missed the payment deadline!
What sound does a badger make?

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 18:46:15 »
You will get an email confirming your details with the payment information on it. Until you get this email the clock doesnt start ticking.

We arent that crule as to not give you the payment details and expect it :P
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 19:18:27 »
On another reg point, are the confirmations blocked currently to give the database some breathing space, or should I be worried?
We could not find your confirmation code in our database. Please check your confirmation link. Perhaps it was mangled by your mail client? If everything fails, please write an email to registration@confuzzled.org.uk  and we will do our best to help you getting registered.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 19:32:07 »
Confirmations are manually done by our staff and are processed as and when they get through them.

FurbleFox

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 19:32:37 »
Yeah, Axle, ignore that.. yer OK.

You're confirmed due to a part screwup on my personal part when I was faffing about :P

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 20:23:00 »
Phew, goodgood. So... just wait on a payment email now right?

FurbleFox

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 20:51:54 »
Indeed :)

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 21:37:54 »
Recieved my email and sent money via PayPal! Presumably you'll let me know that you've recieved my payment? After that I'll be the happiest dog in the world right now ;D

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 21:54:13 »
Yep! Might take a day or two to process though, but will let you know as soon as I can :)

Offline Mooie

• [MI:3 #137]
  • CFz Senior Security
  • I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Moo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 22:01:04 »
Meep!

Just out of curiousity;  Is IBAN/BIC payment available?  On http://reg.confuzzled.org.uk/regsys/start.jsp it says it is, but not in the confirmation e-mail.  If it is, I wonder where the IBAN and BIC info is located.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 22:23:18 »
Bare with us, Im not sure myself and most of our reg staff are unavalible right now. But dont worry you get 5 days to pay via banks so your registration is fine for now.

FurbleFox

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 00:00:41 »
Meep!

Just out of curiousity;  Is IBAN/BIC payment available?  On http://reg.confuzzled.org.uk/regsys/start.jsp it says it is, but not in the confirmation e-mail.  If it is, I wonder where the IBAN and BIC info is located.

Hi Mooie, please email registration@confuzzled.org.uk for these details and Tungro will whizz them along to you tomorrow :)

Offline Akinokaze

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Doggystyler.
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 14:43:24 »
Fully paid up via google checkout [such an easy system that one,] though I did use a different email address it does include my real name so should be easy for you to check me off when you get to me on the list ^_^
If Homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in gay to work. �Hello. Can't work today, still gay.�
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." Martin Luther King Jr

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 21:12:37 »
Very nice to do, I do like electronic payments. It's so fast and easy to do.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.