Author Topic: Warhammer 40k or Lord of the rings  (Read 19990 times)

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Warhammer 40k or Lord of the rings
« on: May 12, 2007, 09:11:44 »
send sum pictures of your armies
Where here no more room in hell the dead shall walk the earth

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
Re: Warhammer 40k or Lord of the rings
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:20:17 »
Bah, I don't like war hammer.  I prefer Command & Conquer :P
*sends his uber GDI furry army of doom after you* >:D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 11:27:01 by Wolfie Fox »

CaliHusky

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 15:21:31 »
This thread is supposed to be in relation to the con, so i'll move this out to non furry discussion ;)

DracoRattus

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 20:14:51 »
I do dabble in Games Workshop, although I prefer the modelling aspect to the gaming.

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 21:43:49 »
I do 40k and normal Warhammer.  I dont have any pics of my armies all together (Too big to fit in one pic clearly, expecially my Tyranids).

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/leighuk/ does have some pics of some of my invididual models though

razzle

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 15:34:51 »
40 k all the way. although i dont actually pay that much i will definitly not play anything else

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 17:21:48 »
I used to have a small 40k Chaos army, but my main army was the Imperial Guard. The fact they were only slightly more advanced than current technology (If you call using laser pointers as guns "more advanced") but most importantly, they were just human (I know, the irony of a furry wanting the human army).

I never liked the Jungle Fighters, so I went with the Cadian option, and this was back when the Cadian's were only available in blister packs. I sold them all a few years back though, when I went to college and it became clear that I wasn't going to have every Thursday night free to conquer the universe in the name of the God Emperor.

I'd possibly like to get a small force of Cadian's again, just as a diorama type thing. I'd probably not game with them, I reckon there's so many new rules and changes since I last rolled a dice I'd be out of my depth.

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 00:46:04 »
I used to have a small 40k Chaos army, but my main army was the Imperial Guard. The fact they were only slightly more advanced than current technology (If you call using laser pointers as guns "more advanced") but most importantly, they were just human (I know, the irony of a furry wanting the human army).

I never liked the Jungle Fighters, so I went with the Cadian option, and this was back when the Cadian's were only available in blister packs. I sold them all a few years back though, when I went to college and it became clear that I wasn't going to have every Thursday night free to conquer the universe in the name of the God Emperor.

I'd possibly like to get a small force of Cadian's again, just as a diorama type thing. I'd probably not game with them, I reckon there's so many new rules and changes since I last rolled a dice I'd be out of my depth.

I always saw the Guard as a more shooty, humanoid version of the nids, in that numbers and tanks (or in the nids case, bigger nids) were the main priority (and believe me, with 5 Carnifexes, I got plenty of big bugs)

Holley

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 09:58:31 »
There's a middling Marine army (the Damned, I'm a sucker for a flame paintjob and mysteriousness, lol) somewhere at my ex's place ... I'm sure it'll surface sometime in the next 6 months, at which point if its still intact it's going on ebay.

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 01:52:24 »
Well, I finally did it. I bought an Imperial Guard squad with Chimera. I might even take them to a gaming table (shock-horror!), especially now the new "Apocalypse" game idea means an Imperial Guard army can field dozens of tanks, like they should. I dunno though, because I'd need to attend a few refresher Sunday battles, and that means being surrounded by kids half my age...

Then again, there's nothing quite like owning a bunch of kids with my armoured might though...

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 10:41:26 »
i felt like a geek on my first few lesson and i won then all with my nids

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 12:32:46 »
i felt like a geek on my first few lesson and i won then all with my nids

lol, I had the same feeling.  The best match I had though was making a space marine player quit on the second turn as I had all my lictors and raveners appear next to his armys leader XD

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 21:06:32 »
I'm looking at my (unpainted) Chimera and Guardsmen, and part of me really wants to start rolling dice to hit and wound again...

I'm even thinking of a backstory for my army without actively trying to...

I'm scared  :P

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 20:35:19 »
the best turn i had was

i move my grunts(with bio guns) to the jungle area on the table and then i rolled 12 dice (12 grunts aiming for space marine HQ and support units) and i rolled 5 and 6 on each dice and i just wipe the floor within 3 turns (i have melted the HQ and their support he had no chance hehe) but my worst defend was with the dark elder i had my HQ and 4 grunts left and the other guy had 23 men and HQ and they just wipe my troops out but my army wipe 40 units with a few turns and still got killed but i was on the table for a bit by beating kids with their weak Imp Guards

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 01:21:38 »
the best turn i had was

i move my grunts(with bio guns) to the jungle area on the table and then i rolled 12 dice (12 grunts aiming for space marine HQ and support units) and i rolled 5 and 6 on each dice and i just wipe the floor within 3 turns (i have melted the HQ and their support he had no chance hehe) but my worst defend was with the dark elder i had my HQ and 4 grunts left and the other guy had 23 men and HQ and they just wipe my troops out but my army wipe 40 units with a few turns and still got killed but i was on the table for a bit by beating kids with their weak Imp Guards

One of my best matches was against a freinds Iron Warrior army (For those not in the know, its a legion of chaos), where I let him have priority setting up the board.  He has a big castle wall on his side, with all his troops lined up on there, and some obliterators below.  My Broodlord (with flesh hooks) and his retenue scaled the wall closest they could, ran along wiping out anything that got in their way, leaving just the obliterators to fight a full army