Author Topic: Whats up with payments?  (Read 8093 times)

Offline Lazerus101

• Fursuit Event Team
  • CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
  • Bunny, Carouser and Fursuit Events Spod
    • View Profile
Whats up with payments?
« on: July 04, 2007, 12:54:11 »
Now I know this is no fault of your own guys but can we get an update on online payment options?
I dont much fancy having to go into town to deal with the banks and now It looks like I have missed the payment window.
Am I still registered? Am I going to have to pay the increased rate cos of something out of my control? I know that Paypal's issues are out of your paws but inquireing minds want to know! ;)

Also due to the confusion and site outages when I was registering I cant actually log into the site cos I dont have an email with my UN and Pass in.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:57:16 by Lazerus101 »

SouthPaw

Re: Whats up with payments?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:02:19 »
Now I know this is no fault of your own guys but can we get an update on online payment options?

The answer to that is on the ConFuzzled Website. We will be switching to Google Checkout for online payments, and that SHOULD be live on Monday.

Quote from: Lazerus101
I dont much fancy having to go into town to deal with the banks and now It looks like I have missed the payment window.

Again, this is mentioned on the website:

Quote from: ConFuzzled Website
To celebrate the fact that PayPal won't bring us down, we're holding off putting up our prices so that more of you can make less money for them. Also, to anyone who's registered already, we're giving you a payment extension to the end of the month!

]Am I still registered? Am I going to have to pay the increased rate cos of something out of my control? I know that Paypal's issues are out of your paws but inquireing minds want to know! ;)

See the above ;)

Also due to the confusion and site outages when I was registering I cant actually log into the site cos I dont have an email with my UN and Pass in.

Details of your username and a new password have been e-mailed separately to your registered address.

Cheers,

Southie

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 19:50:53 »
Does Google Checkout accept Debitcards for the payments or is it just Credit Cards, as I went to sign up but could only see Credit card.  By the looks of it, Ill have to do bank transfer x_x;

Offline enteirah

• Cookie Maker
  • Stubborn Bushytailed Rabbit
    • View Profile
    • Ents or Tails
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 21:49:37 »
Just looking at signup on Google Checkout, I can see Maestro and Solo listed on there, so they must accept some Debit Cards. Perhaps it just wasn't picking you up as being UK Based if it was only showing credit cards instead.

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 19:54:59 »
Just looking at signup on Google Checkout, I can see Maestro and Solo listed on there, so they must accept some Debit Cards. Perhaps it just wasn't picking you up as being UK Based if it was only showing credit cards instead.

Just checked again, its defenetly saying United Kingdom for the location, yet still asks for credit card number.  I aint sure if that exists too on Debit Cards x_x;

Offline enteirah

• Cookie Maker
  • Stubborn Bushytailed Rabbit
    • View Profile
    • Ents or Tails
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 22:51:09 »
Both Credit and Debit Cards have the same usually 16 digit number across the middle (there are occasionally some slight differences in the number of digits, most notably with HSBC), they just often name the field on these forms as 'credit card' number as they were more geared towards an audience of American viewers (Where debit cards are pretty much non-existant). As long as it has the Maestro, Switch or Solo logo on the card itself, you should be able to enter it okay on the form. Electrons could be more tricky as they're not listed, but might work anyway as part of their Visa support. The 'CVC' number it asks for is also present on both Credit and Debit cards as the last 3 digits on the back of the card in the signature strip.

Can anyone tell I work developing ecommerce websites... :P

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 00:05:11 »
Both Credit and Debit Cards have the same usually 16 digit number across the middle (there are occasionally some slight differences in the number of digits, most notably with HSBC), they just often name the field on these forms as 'credit card' number as they were more geared towards an audience of American viewers (Where debit cards are pretty much non-existant). As long as it has the Maestro, Switch or Solo logo on the card itself, you should be able to enter it okay on the form. Electrons could be more tricky as they're not listed, but might work anyway as part of their Visa support. The 'CVC' number it asks for is also present on both Credit and Debit cards as the last 3 digits on the back of the card in the signature strip.

Can anyone tell I work developing ecommerce websites... :P

Ahh, okay, thanks

I just signed up for it then, hopefully it will work :p

SouthPaw

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 00:49:46 »
Google Checkout accepts the following cards:

All locations:

• Visa
  • Mastercard
  • American Express
  • Discover
UK Users can also use:

• Visa Electron
  • Solo
  • Maestro
Where it asks for your Card Number, that's the long (16 to 19 digit) number on the front of the card, beginning 3, 4, 5 or 6 (depending on card type).

HTH,

Southie

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 13:29:49 »
So when will Google Checkout be set up for payments, as I have the right ammount at the moment for the con, just need to wait for Google Checkout

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 15:55:24 »

All locations:

• Visa
  • Mastercard
  • American Express
  • Discover
UK Users can also use:

• Visa Electron
  • Solo
  • Maestro
Where it asks for your Card Number, that's the long (16 to 19 digit) number on the front of the card, beginning 3, 4, 5 or 6 (depending on card type).

HTH,

Southie

You forgot Visa Debit  :P

SouthPaw

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 20:56:29 »

All locations:

• Visa
  • Mastercard
  • American Express
  • Discover

You forgot Visa Debit  :P

Oh no I didn't! I just didn't explicitly state Visa Credit and Visa Debit, as Google Checkout doesn't differentiate between the two from a user's point of view ;)

Cheers,

Southie

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 17:47:40 »
Ok, I got enough in the bank to pay now, and I checked around the site.  On the Faq it says a special page to take you to the shopping basket for Google Checkout, yet I cant find it x_x someone got a link?

SouthPaw

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 22:55:01 »
Ok, I got enough in the bank to pay now, and I checked around the site.  On the Faq it says a special page to take you to the shopping basket for Google Checkout, yet I cant find it x_x someone got a link?

See the first question in the FAQ:

We are currently in the process of switching away from PayPal to Google Checkout for the majority of payments.

Once this has been done, we will be sending out an e-mail to everyone with an outstanding balance to inform them of the revised payment arrangements.

Cheers,

Southie

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 23:01:27 »

See the first question in the FAQ:

We are currently in the process of switching away from PayPal to Google Checkout for the majority of payments.

Once this has been done, we will be sending out an e-mail to everyone with an outstanding balance to inform them of the revised payment arrangements.

Cheers,

Southie

Ahh, ok ^^; Ill keep a eye out for the email when it arrives then, thanks ^^