Author Topic: Im all alone  (Read 4708 times)

Offline sparkles wusky :P

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Im all alone
« on: February 25, 2010, 15:55:12 »
Hi everybody- my name is sam

I just discovered about being a furry and i have enjoyed what i have found out so far

I want to know do you realy need to know any body at these events, becasue i dont want to feel like a third weel. Or is this a good event to meet new furrys at?

If you have been to this con before can you message me about what it is realy like so i have a good idea. :)

POKE the wolf :P

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
Re: Im all alone
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 16:33:24 »
I think it really depends on the individual.  There are some people who wouldn't think twice about walking up to people they don't know, introducing themselves, making new friends and so on.  It wouldn't matter if they were in a place with 10 people or 10,000.  At the other extreme are people who are much more cautious, and may feel awkward not knowing anyone.  They might not put themselves forward, and then if no one approaches them then they might leave without making new friends.

I think it helps to go to any con or local meet with an attitude of "I'm going to introduce myself to people I don't know" if I'm interested in what they're doing.  Once you know a few people, or fall in with a small group, you tend to meet others much more easily.  If you know someone else who is going, or you've at least chatted to them online, it makes it a bit easier.

If you do decide to attend ConFuzzled, then you'll probably appreciate our "First Con" event that runs right after the opening ceremony, and perhaps joining in a team at our furry Pub Quiz on the first night.  Meanwhile, tell us all a bit about yourself, maybe post to the "How you found furry" thread.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 20:10:57 »
Of course you can also use this forum to meet and chat with others, talk to them online and make friends that way then you only have the real life meeting to deal with rather than the awkward introducing yourself part.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline sparkles wusky :P

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 20:16:45 »
How i found furry- well i was browsing the internet and came across some realy nice furry art that i thought looked realy nice. I then typed in furry art on google and came across some realy erotic art and i was like this is what i am into. I soon found a podcast called the knotcast which gave websites that furrys use, the one that i started to use was sofurry.com, I started reading and loooking at pictures. yestersay one of my favorite storie writers began to talk to me and we really hit it off and i began talking to him about events and that i had came across, the event was this one :)  
I wanted to go but because i dont know any body i thought i would sign up to this forum and get to know some people before deciding if i should spend some money getting hold of a ticket.

some questions that i would like to know the answer to.

when is the opening ceremony?
Is there a time scedule of the events over the three days?
Whats the view of photography and filming by participants?
Is there a closing date on buting tickits?(if so what date)
Is there a limit on how many places there is?

P.s I shall start my search for some freinds :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 20:25:17 by samsgame1212 »
POKE the wolf :P

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 21:15:00 »
some questions that i would like to know the answer to.

when is the opening ceremony?
The opening ceremony will be held on Friday late afternoon, probably around 5.30pm, although out timetables are still being finalised
Is there a time scedule of the events over the three days?
Not yet, the timetable is still being finalised.
Whats the view of photography and filming by participants?
The photography of the public events is allowed and even encouraged :)
Is there a closing date on buting tickits?(if so what date)
At the moment we plan to keep registration for attending-only tickets open until not long before the convention, however sales of hotel rooms will close around the beginning of April (date still to being finalised).
Is there a limit on how many places there is?
We currently have space for 300 people staying in the hotel with an additional 50 "attending only" tickets for people who live locally or don't need to sleep in the hotel.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 21:52:39 »
Sure start searching for friends cause no matter what you decide about confuzzled theres nothing wrong with making friends ^_^
Looking at your location theres pleanty of furs in your county, I myself live only just over the county border.

As Matt has answered your questions I wont go into that more just to say most of the things like whats going to happen will be annouced when we finalise it (we like to leave it open for as long as possible so we can add or change things as life adapts). At the convention itself you will get a full booklet outlining the whole con whats happening when and what its about as well as pictures and stories and generally booky goodness.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Boosh

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 15:52:59 »
hey hunni this my fisrt furry con too ^^ and just taking my bf, but no one there ^^ im nervous too but gonna jump in head firts ^^ gonna be in my new partial but is a tad nervous of the regulars that are old to the game lol ^^ im such a newbie