Author Topic: ConFuzzled 2011?  (Read 9450 times)

Nayukii

ConFuzzled 2011?
« on: July 16, 2007, 22:52:08 »
Do you think it will ever happen?

Because.. that's the year I'll be 18 and I really, really want to go to a ConFuzzled con. D:'

SouthPaw

Re: ConFuzzled 2011?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 00:02:13 »

We haven't even had ConFuzzled 2008 yet, let alone thought about any further ahead than that! ;)

All we can say is..."Watch this space"...But not for 4 years, obviously, as that'd just be silly. :D

Cheers,

Southie

Nayukii

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 17:26:25 »

We haven't even had ConFuzzled 2008 yet, let alone thought about any further ahead than that! ;)

All we can say is..."Watch this space"...But not for 4 years, obviously, as that'd just be silly. :D

Cheers,

Southie

Ooh, I think I catcha. :x

Thanks, though. All I can do is wait and hope for luck, huh? :/ 4 years.. good grief.

Bloodwish

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 18:25:32 »
I think it would be nice if there was a 'young furrs' convention, not meaning to sound patronizing or condecending, cause you know, I'm down wit my younga furres yo...

Ok I'll stop that. =P

Seriously though a lot of cons cater for the more adult fur, most of the time this is a security/insurance thing that people just can't get around, I do think however it would be nice if the 18-'s didn't always end up being left out.

Not saying 'you should make a younger con' just saying it would be a nice idea. :)

Nayukii

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 16:29:46 »
I think it would be nice if there was a 'young furrs' convention, not meaning to sound patronizing or condecending, cause you know, I'm down wit my younga furres yo...

Ok I'll stop that. =P

Seriously though a lot of cons cater for the more adult fur, most of the time this is a security/insurance thing that people just can't get around, I do think however it would be nice if the 18-'s didn't always end up being left out.

Not saying 'you should make a younger con' just saying it would be a nice idea. :)

I totally agree. :X

I just wish there could be a con for minors that AREN'T FREAKISHLY YOUNG.. like.. 13+ perhaps? It'd attract more guests and would be so fair. :> Hell, I wish there WAS a con in the UK for under 18s. I'd love to produce one. xD -KILLED- Well not really but I TOTALLY AGREE. A con for young'uns would win at life.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 07:46:00 »
We would have loved to open ConFuzzled to everyone, however the reason we've limited to 18+ is because of the Child Protection legislation.  If we were to allow under 18's to attend, there is a myriad of legal hoops we'd have to jump through along with the associated costs, something we just cannot afford in the first year at least.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Shema

• Cookie Maker
  • Hug my 50 meerkat plushies!
    • View Profile
    • Shema's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 11:36:46 »
Heres hoping ConFuzzled will still be going in 2011! ;D

Short snout

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 21:22:28 »

[/quote]

Ooh, I think I catcha. :x

Thanks, though. All I can do is wait and hope for luck, huh? :/ 4 years.. good grief.
[/quote]

I have to wait for 1 year (2009) so I sorta share your greif :'( :'(

4 years dude!! I envy your patience ( I'm gonna find it hard to wait for 1)

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 22:56:17 »
If something was run on a smaller scale for kids under 18 I would love to help run it as I have an up to date CRB certificate as I have worked at kids holiday clubs before now. If it comes to it, I'll love to help.

Dunno if it will ever happen though.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 08:56:37 »
If something was run on a smaller scale for kids under 18 I would love to help run it as I have an up to date CRB certificate as I have worked at kids holiday clubs before now. If it comes to it, I'll love to help.

Dunno if it will ever happen though.

I do youth work with a national organisation, and having been involved with organising residential weekends, I can say categorically that unless you are a large organisation with established insurance etc, it's going to involve a lot of work and hassle - I just don't think it's feasible.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."