Author Topic: my fursuit  (Read 7620 times)

huskeywolf

my fursuit
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:08:50 »
i ve been seeing some amazing suits on ya site and on you tube. ive been questioning whether i really should be coming to meets or even FURSUIT WALKS,

You guys spend hundreds on your suits and i turn up with an ex hire which cost £ 50.00/  i feel im letting you guys down by pretending to be a fursuiter
when im not,

i dont want to bring this comunity into disrepute or give a bad image, i love suiting . but i feel i  should not be there.

i really wish i had the cash to get a real fur suit, but i dont. am i letting you guys down?

i have made my own tiger tail,  anyway glad you all  had a cool time,

side note, ive been asked if i wanna go  on a furwalk in shrewsbury, i dunno whether i should. one guy with a really cool suit and me turning up in a second
hand suit, i feel  really bad, about this. once again sorry. :( :( :(

Offline Flint

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: my fursuit
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 14:28:01 »
Spending money isn't the point of fursuiting. There's people who spend thousands on fursuits but are completely outshined by people who spent a few hundred or even built their own suit from scratch with a budget. When it comes to the actual point of fursuiting - having fun of whatever you kind enjoy - money is the least important thing as it's only a hole in the bank account of the suit owner and only affects the actual acquirance of the suit, it's got nothing to do with the character itself or the performance.

You're not letting anyone down, don't be silly. Just go out there and have fun! You're not everyone else so comparing yourself to everyone else has no point, let them have their suits and you squeeze as much fun and enjoyment out of yours as you feel like, no matter what the price tag says.

huskeywolf

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:56:56 »
thanx flinty.  there is nothing wrong with me suit . to be honest you could not buy this type of costume. most of the type they sell is the open face type
ie scooby doo or if ya want . youi could spend say £30.00. and get a really rubbish one.

but just seeing some of   the awesome costumes/ suits. its hard  cos i so want a suit . ie a dog o r huskey/wolf. but i cannot afford one yet.

no disrespect to  bunnies and all, but i just love dogs n wolves. i suppose you always wonder what others will think of ya when you turn up in a ex hire.
 and mixing with guys who have spent a lot of  time and money.
thanx for reply . i feel better mate , ps love yours its cool,

also hi to ALPHI/ LUPUS, ?  cool man, what did you do with  LITTLE WOLF/[ CONFUZZ GALLERY] HE HE.  AT L/F MEET ON SAT AND HOPEFULLY NORTHERN MEET ON THE 29TH.  ;D ;D ;D

huskeywolf

Re: my fursuit/tails
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 15:41:13 »
sort of   off thread, so here goes

what is the general feeling on furs wearing tails on say a daily basis, is this somthing that  anyone does, if you wore a tail  would it in anyway
 give the wrong image of the fur community or is this up to the  each person.

i wear a tail on a daily basis, well sort of small brown one . but somtimes a larger tail . am i giving the wrong image of the community in any way
please give your thoughts on this
thanx.
 i wpuld not wish to give the wrong image of our community in any way shape . or form. ??? ???

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 17:53:26 »
To echo what Flint has already told you, fursuiting is not just about having a huge bank account.   I for one personally think that some people are able to 'buy' their popularity status by affording some of the top end fursuits out there, yet they are over shadowed by top performers that, as flint says, spend a fraction of the price on a suit.

The main aim is to have fun, but for me, its about entertaining the audience.  Getting dressed up in suit and over heating is worth it when I know I have reached the crowd.  Just standing around motionless is boring, and not really entertaining.   Therefore, you dont need to spend thousands on a fursuit to achieve that, its all about how you bring the character to life.

My suits have all ranged for as little as £100 to in excess of £1000 yet of all of them, the one that sticks out the most is Brum bunny.  It was so poorly constructed, when a friend of mine, and a very good performer, got a hold of it, he brought it to life for what it was..  and it worked so well!

Dont worry about letting people down, you dont owe anyone anything.  Just be sure to enjoy yourself.

Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

huskeywolf

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:02 »
yaeh but unless you know anyone  it aint fun suiting on ya own, i wish i knew local furs tp hang out with and have fun, but as  i cant get on the fur forum
 then what chance have i got im you could say an INVISIBLE FUR,  who know one knows about,

not sure if im gonna make the northern meet due to cash flow and the lf meet the nxt week. :( :( :( :( :(

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • unleash your inner being, hear your song
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 14:18:54 »
it's does not matter if your suit cost £300 or 3 Pence, as long as one enjoys fursuiting, but one has
to be careful where one fursuits, after all you don't want to get a damaged fursuit, this is to help
anyfur who wants, places NOT To fursuit 1..near flames 2..near any form of mud 3..anyplace where
one is lible to fall over. care for your fursuit and it will care for you. i won't post here again on this
topic, as this is just for refernce.  :)
* I don't know when i'll be able to go2 CF again debt rears it's ugly head until then hugs and peace to all *
Animals that change reality, are in the dreamtime, of a world forgotten, yet destined to rise again in the
hearts of those who dance in the dreamtime. ye time is coming, it's time to sing