Author Topic: Public fursuiting  (Read 4688 times)

Offline FryFuzzmutt

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Public fursuiting
« on: September 18, 2009, 20:23:30 »
recently i had an idea to email cirtain companys about their vews on costumes being worn in their stores/malls. i sent ASDA an email about this and they replyed that they dont encourage people to  cover their faces in stores for security resons. which i can understand but then again.. they dont seem to do much about muslim women covering everything but their eyes hmm...
i have walked around Burys Millgate (beside Bury Market) with no problems.
have you guys ever had problems fursuiting in public? my nightmare would be the police telling me to take my head off in public!

thanks for reading ^^

-Fry Fuzzmutt

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
Re: Public fursuiting
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 11:55:01 »
its happened on one of the Manchester mini furmeets XD
Me, FerrariFox and EvilSquirrel went suiting at the Trafford Center (well, outside), and after 5 min we were told by security to desuit x_x

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 14:38:32 »
As a general rule it's best to ask beforehand with privately owned places (such as stores and shopping malls).  Security have every right to keep you out of those places (as they'd do if you were wearing a crash helmet etc.) - and yes, a group of us got told to stay out of Tesco as we were wondering about on Halloween, though we were welcomed at Domino's, and invited into a live music night without having to pay!  You're more likely to get a yes if you can provide a reason for wanting to do it - such as collecting for a charity (but if you are collecting you need to be registered to do that).
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline StripeKazama

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 23:28:05 »
I so need to go to Old Trafford in suit, wearing a Manchester United tee XD

Offline Boosh

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 16:03:18 »
this gonna be my fur suiting experience and im a bit nervous 0_0

huskeywolf

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 16:12:05 »
i being on my own and not really knowing any one have so far done two fursuit walks. one in birmingham and in the north worcestershire area,    i visited many shops inc the disney store and had no problems. i was stopped many times for photos and waves, my view is that as long as you respect others and show respect for furs in general. there is nothing wrong  with full or partial suiting in public...       

huskeywolf

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:02:17 »
am  going sort of fursuiting with a mid wales fur tommorow, sort of nervous and excited to, be meeting a felow fur,

gotta be on me best behavior,  [ SORT OF] hehe , hope to make anorthern fur meet soon
bet you cant wait?  ;) ;)  :D

huskeywolf

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 12:44:57 »
am  going sort of fursuiting with a mid wales fur tommorow, sort of nervous and excited to, be meeting a felow fur,

gotta be on me best behavior,  [ SORT OF] hehe , hope to make anorthern fur meet soon
bet you cant wait?  ;) ;)  :D

one amazing day a day ill never forget . lots of fun and sillyness,