Author Topic: Hey, listen up, this is going to be big!  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
Hey, listen up, this is going to be big!
« on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:50 »
Psst, you... yes you, listen up, we're only gonna say it once...

Our mad foray into the world of science is over and we are already hard at work preparing for next year, with an offer we're sure you cannot refuse...

Before we let you know what we've planned for 2011, we're proud to announce that we have finished counting the money which you all have generously raised for charity. Our grand total (including all sales of charity items in the Dealers Den) came to an overwhelming £6200!

=== Our Theme ===

The Roaring Twenties - look sharp in your pinstripe suit, don your fedora and we'll meet down at the Speakeasy to explore all the finest the 1920s criminal underworld has to offer.

=== Our Guest of Honor ===

We've invited our esteemed friend from Northern Virginia over for this year's shindig: John "The Gneech" Robey. Don't be fooled by his daytime job as web designer... during the night he's one of us, and his weapon of choice is a pencil. He's the creator of furry propaganda like NeverNever and The Suburban Jungle. He's also done quite a few "jobs" for Mage: The Ascension, Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game and World of Indiana Jones. Did that catch your interest? If so, head over to http://www.gneech.com to find out more about his career in the comic underworld.

=== When's it going down? ===

We've made preliminary reservations with the Britannia Country House Hotel and we'll be ready to host you all again on the 6th to the 9th of May 2011, so long as the Don doesn't change his mind. Be aware that this date may change, so please keep your ear to the tracks for updates.

Start extorting those pennies, keep your violin case nearby and keep a watch on all the usual outlets for further announcements from The Family. Expect communiqués about prices and when you'll be able to register soon.

Squeal anything about this to the Feds, and you'll be sleeping with the fishes, capiche?
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Hey, listen up, this is going to be big!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:21:07 »
But what was their reaction when you told them the amount? A slight squeak with a nervous twitch or maybe the sound of a phone hitting the floor?
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Kamuniak

• Cookie Eater
  • Picture by AlectorFencer
    • View Profile
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 23:00:01 »
Whatever the reaction was, £6200 is just amazing!

Offline Lilsi

• Cookie Maker
  • Beefy
    • View Profile
    • Live Journal
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 15:14:23 »
Well done on the amazing amount rasied guys!

Can't wait for this years CF now i am back in the country i can attend again :) and with the best theme yet.