Author Topic: An equine comes trotting in...  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Pony

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
An equine comes trotting in...
« on: September 21, 2010, 11:00:18 »
Hello there you crazy Brits!

Pony is the name. Although I was born and raised in The Netherlands, I got registered with a British nationality back in the days and never changed it.
My mum is Dutch but daddy isn't, so that pretty much explains the above.
Fortunately, I was raised with both Dutch and English. The latter is my preference as I even think in English 99 percent of the time.
I always feel right at home when I am in a country where everyone speaks nothing but English natively.
(Yes. I drink my tea with milk and sugar. To great disgust of many Dutchies, but what the heck do they know?)

Since the beginning of 2006, I've been active in the (Dutch) furry fandom and eventually my first con experience occured in 2009: Eurofurence 15.
Of course I had to come back for more, but I noticed something. My hunger for cons grew as I started to watch some of BBF's videos.
When I saw a jolly bunch of (British) furries bouncing around in the Confuzzled 2010 video, I was sold! Confuzzled 2011... I need to be there. Period!

My affinity with the fandom comes from my own (strong) affinity with equines and all animals in general.
Equines are my life and I couldn't imagine a life without them in it.
I've been riding for over 12 years and one day I really hope to have the time and space to have an equine under my own care.
Another connecting element (next to great friends of course) is the passion for fursuiting. I LOVE FURSUITING!
No... my first suit is not an equine. However, it's in the pipeline.
For now I am prancing about as a toony fox named Freckles, who made his debut at Eurofurence 16 this year. He has been created by Honey Moo Creations with exception of the head, which is made by MushiMagic.

See you all on the forum and most likely... at Confuzzled 2011!  ;D

My FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/pony1982
-- A crazy British pony suiting up as a toony fox --

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: An equine comes trotting in...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 14:10:39 »
Hi Pony,

welcome onboard the CF forums.  I am super pleased to hear that after seeing lst years events, you decided you had to be here!  There is plenty of space, so be sure to encourage all your friends along too ;)

Glad you are an active fursuiter - I always strongly encourage this, but then I am biased :)  What was your first fursuit if not an equine?

Look forward to welcoming you at CF2011 and hope you enjoy yourself.

Kind Regards,

Rizzo
-----
Venue Liaison
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Albrecht

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 16:39:18 »
Hey! I know you :P

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 19:46:11 »
Ah tea with milk, something that seems to be somewhat lacking in many places. I have even been served tea in a glass before in Europe. Just how are you supposed to pick it up when it's that hot? It needs a mug or a cup to be at home so you can hold it by the handle.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Pony

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 14:08:18 »
welcome onboard the CF forums.  I am super pleased to hear that after seeing lst years events, you decided you had to be here!  There is plenty of space, so be sure to encourage all your friends along too ;)
Heh... well uhmmm, most of them registered and are coming already!  :P

Glad you are an active fursuiter - I always strongly encourage this, but then I am biased :)  What was your first fursuit if not an equine?
Freckles the Fox is my first fursuit. Furthermore I suited once in Nekotorisha, (himself), Sparkle (WhiteShadowFox) and many times in Yotie Coyote (himself.)
Ever since my first experience I was totally hooked and I am so glad that I finally have my own fursuit now.
So no it's not an equine, but...
Hey! I know you :P
...this guy right here -hey there Albrecht! :P- will be personally responsible for creating my dream fursuit, which of course WILL be pony.

Ah tea with milk, something that seems to be somewhat lacking in many places. I have even been served tea in a glass before in Europe. Just how are you supposed to pick it up when it's that hot? It needs a mug or a cup to be at home so you can hold it by the handle.
Yeah I know right?
Hence I took my Eurofurence 16 mug to work so that I can have a decent PG Tips tea experience!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 14:12:13 by Pony »
-- A crazy British pony suiting up as a toony fox --

Offline Skie

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Certified Bat Food
    • View Profile
    • The Israeli Furry community website.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 17:43:46 »
OH MY GOD!!!

Who brought the Pony in here?!?!

:)