Author Topic: newbie fur  (Read 12496 times)

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
Re: newbie fur
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 20:03:14 »
woohoo just got con-FUR-mation that the payment for my ticket/room upgrade has been recieved.

i now have a sponsors ticket and a twin room (sharing with lost cause).

and i'll be paying for my train tickets this weekend, once thats done all i need to do is save up some spending/food/beer money now.

and my partial in in its final stages of completion, just a few more stripes to paint on and a little trimming on the mouth left to do.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 22:11:54 »
The beer money is indeed important!
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 22:46:24 »
i'm really looking forward to this con, but at the same time i'm a bit nervous about wearing my fursuit in public,
i've done quite a few civil war re-enactments over the years, but i'm more nervous about this than any re-enactment i've done before, dont know why.

Offline Fangorn

• Cookie Eater
  • :9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 23:05:06 »
i'm really looking forward to this con, but at the same time i'm a bit nervous about wearing my fursuit in public,
i've done quite a few civil war re-enactments over the years, but i'm more nervous about this than any re-enactment i've done before, dont know why.
Trust me, the butterflies soon dissipate once you step out in costume. My first time out was at AnthroCon in Pittsburgh, although I had a handler with me (person who spots obstacles, hazards and photo opportunities (mostly the latter in my case ^_^) ahems,) It was a case of short walk to elevator, down to a lobby, shaking like a leaf, then the doors open, you step out and almost instantly get this rush of Whoohoo and all is great, and with a few moments I am posing for photos for members of the public and other con-goers alike :)
Just remember it is always a lot better with other people around in the same situation.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 16:48:30 »
After the first time all you want to do is play and mess around with people. I was hooked after my first walk around :D
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 19:26:11 »
i tried the full partial on with the trousers/shirt i'll be wearing and decided to walk up and down the back garden a couple times to get a feel for it, only thing i can say is i cant wait till may.

i had a little trouble walking in the feet, just got to remember to point my feet outwards a bit more than usual.

i'm hoping this con will help me get over my shyness too.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 14:38:34 by Minokyoko »

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 22:30:08 »
I'd advise you to watch out for stairs, they can be very tricky if they are narrow steps. Practice makes perfect when suiting too :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 22:51:42 »
i'll try some stairs tomorrow, if i cant manage it i can allways take the footpaws off to get up/down stairs.

Offline Charlie

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 00:39:45 »
I can't speak from someone who is a fursuiter but at my first job many years ago I did have to dress up once in a blue moon as the companies mascot, a big white and black spotted dog called Specky!  The feet where huge but it doesn't take long to get used to, and you'll be running around hugging all in no time!

If not I'm more than happy to lend a hand  ;)

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
Re: newbie fur (new 'sona)
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 21:38:24 »
after the con, i've decided minoky isnt the fursona for me.

i've had another fursona in the back of my head for aslong as minoky, now its time to let him loose, so as of now i'm Stereo Fox.