Author Topic: who's excited  (Read 39223 times)

Offline Lost Cause

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
Re: who's excited
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 16:49:17 »
bah!
Dream cast?
I went for mega drive to playstation
the first one.
didnt bother with the others
That was the last console I ever got.
PCs all the way from there!
I have made my statement and I stand buy it, but I could be wrong!

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 17:09:19 »
for me it was,

atari (died)
snes (still got)
mega drive (still got)
mega drive 2 (have 2)
mega cd (died)
sega saturn (broken)
playstation (still got)
ps1 (got 2)
ps2 (had 4 of them)
xbox (still using)
xbox360 (using)

comps were,
bog standard dell (melted)
home built tower (over 1200GBP spent, sold on)
mac book (got ran over)
advent 7111 (now 5 years old and still going strong)

huskeywolf

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 13:42:28 »
Give me a good old MegaDrive any day over these new fangled contraptions!

I still have my MegaDrive ♥♥♥♥♥
and I think there is a Master System about here somewhere too

Im not so much excited as more terrified

You hide in the corner, i'll be under a table.
I am sure we can figure out a system for passing messages between us

i love me beer too, so i may be a little tipsy by friday nite.

I may never understand why beer is so popular.
Liqueurs all the way!
Which I will being avoiding like the plague.

he he   ill sure be in the corner. however can i join  you under the table plz  ;D sounds like fun

Offline Lost Cause

• Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 16:39:02 »
atari (died)
I forgot that one!
Atari 2600 I think it was...
Wow I miss it

mac book (got ran over)
And on that day a silen chear went up from the world and all was good!

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 16:51:00 »
Minokyoko, why did you have four PSs's? I'm curious as to what you could do with them.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 19:32:07 »
all used as spares, got one new which died out of warranty so got a second hand one, that packed up 6 month later, then i bought 2 off a mate, one of which melted due to overheating and the other just about still works.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 21:36:43 »
Ah, I see. I was wondering why you would need four of them at the same time when you can only be playing one of them :)

Offline Charlie

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 00:46:55 »
I used to be a Sega guy till they stopped manufactoring consoles, so then switch to Playstation, to which I have currently a PS3.  But it was always about Sonic the Hedgehog for me, I love him so much!  I even have the classic Sonic game on my iPhone, sweet!

I'm very excited and am looking forwards to Confuzzled!  I agree they should have a classic console event, I love to wind up the kids at work on how the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360, hehe.

In fact why don't someone bring a Mega Drive and just plug it into a tv?  Sure they won't mind...  ;)

Offline Lost Cause

• Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 03:22:37 »
I dont think I will ever go back to consoles.
I stoped using them when I got a PC,
and I stoped using the PC when I got a laptop
I am now on my third laptop so I am in a happy place there ^.^

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 17:05:44 »
It's possible to ask for an event time to be able to run a retro gaming event. I'm not sure if electical items have to be tested before they are used on site from the PAT regulations so that would be a staff answer needed on that too.

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
Re: who's excited: Retro gaming
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 11:24:14 »
It's rather too late to add a retro gaming event to this year's timetable as the con book is about to go to print.

If someone were to bring an old console and games, it might be possible to use it in the Late Night Arcade event if Crome who is running it is happy to do so.  There are a few challenges though.  I'm not sure if the projectors and screens we have will work with the composite video and RF that old consoles typically output.  We would also have to consider what would happen if the console was broken, especially if it was difficult to replace.

All electrical equipment used for events has to be PAT tested (this is both a visual inspection, so no cracked cases or frayed wires, and an electrical test) to make sure it is self.  We can do this at the con.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you bringing a console and using it at a room party, providing you don't disturb people in nearby rooms.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 17:51:11 »
I thought that might be the case, Charlie we could perhaps consider it for next year to arrange something with a bit more notice for peopel to dig out the old systems and games.

Dingotush, if PAT testing is possible would there be any objection to bringing along a few small TV screens? Even the newer ones can still handle the input of the old RF device so we could just go old school and directly connect them to the mini tv's. I am thinking next year not this Confuzzled though.

I take it we're not allowed to carry out our own testing of equipment even if qualified to do so as it needs to be completed by the convention itself, would that be correct also?

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:25 »
I thought that might be the case, Charlie we could perhaps consider it for next year to arrange something with a bit more notice for peopel to dig out the old systems and games.

Dingotush, if PAT testing is possible would there be any objection to bringing along a few small TV screens? Even the newer ones can still handle the input of the old RF device so we could just go old school and directly connect them to the mini tv's. I am thinking next year not this Confuzzled though.

I take it we're not allowed to carry out our own testing of equipment even if qualified to do so as it needs to be completed by the convention itself, would that be correct also?

Hello SFW. We always welcome people letting us borrow equipment provided they let us know first! We will also be operating a signing in and out policy to help prevent items getting misplaced this year. If you could e-mail me at inventory@confuzzled.org.uk with what equipment you would intend to bring (monitors, consoles and games), then I can speak with our head of monies and find out to what extent we would be able to cover you in case of theft or breakages while under our care.
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 17:32:13 »
Nidonocu, being as we are a little too close I think I would plan to do this next year instead of trying to rush around for this year. I will probably wait to email until after this year's convention just to save from distracting at a rather busy time for you all.

A basic outline would be something along the lines of three or four old style game consoles (Eg, SNES, MegaDrive, Atari and MasterSystem). Along with some portable TV's to plug directly into. Probably wouldn't use all four colsoles at the same time because of the TV's being a bit larger then the systems.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 08:30:45 »
As one of the electrical saftey testers for the con I would need to point out that anything electrical you bring for use by our guests rather than you in your own room would have to be put through a PAT test by us before use to gaurantee electrical saftey we can carry out these tests at the con site in a couple of mins but they do require a sticker putting on the item to say its safe (you can remove it after the con but it must stay on during the con by law).
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.