Author Topic: The ConFuzzled Hotel Takeover  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
The ConFuzzled Hotel Takeover
« on: February 26, 2011, 20:54:07 »
It's been a long time coming, but we've finally done it! We are delighted to announce that we've sold enough tickets to be able to secure the entire venue solely for the use of our attendees! This means that, amongst other things, we can make much better use of the public spaces of the hotel as well as getting them to tailor things to suit our attendees. We'll share more about this soon.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we're running very low on some types of bedrooms in the hotel; we're sold out of standard Triple and Single rooms, and we're soon likely to be sold out of Twin rooms.   Although we are also operating a Waiting List for room types which are sold out as we did last year, it is very unlikely that a space in these room types will become available.  There are a limited number of Superior Twin and Standard Double rooms remaining. Availability of Superior Double rooms remains very good.

We also have a very limited number of Double rooms with a Sofabed in them if you wish to add a third person to your room. If you wish to make use of one of these, please contact registration support via registration@confuzzled.org.uk as soon as possible.

Pending further negotiations with the hotel, residential registration will currently be closing on March 31st, so unless we announce otherwise that will be your last chance to secure a room to stay in the hotel for the convention weekend. After this date, it will still be possible to register for ConFuzzled up until a week before the convention - however, only the "Attending Only" ticket type will be available for purchase and you will need to seek alternative accommodation.

If you are planning to share your room with someone who has not yet registered, then you need to encourage them to register very soon, as they will need to book a space in the same type of room as you have. If you do not select a roommate to take up extra space(s) in your room, we will select one for you.

We would like to remind you that the ability to set roomsharing is available in the registration system. To set a roommate (or two if you're in a triple room), please log in to your registration and at the bottom of the main screen, you will find the roomsharing option. Simply add the IDs of your roommates and they will be invited to your room. Remember, your roommates must be registered for the same roomtype as yourself to be able to share a room together!
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."