Forum Archive CF2008-2011 (Read Only) > Announcements (CF2008-CF2011)

Your feedback urgently required - Food for thought

(1/5) > >>

RizzoRattie:
Hi everyone,

it seems that I am presented with an impossible situation.  After a discussion with the chairman, neither of us can decide one way or the other on a particular menu choice.  Since this is YOUR convention, and YOU will be attending, I thought we will simply put the choice out there for you to offer feedback on.

Before you respond, please be advised any announcements about general food stuffs available on the menu will be made once all decisions are finalised.  All we are looking for in this thread is your opinion about price.  Please do not offer suggestsions on meals, as the options were set in place already.

so...

If you were given the choice of a main meal with a choice of desserts for £8.95 (think pub style foods) or an all you can eat buffet style meal for £10.50 (also pub style food), which one would be more appealing to you and why?

Thanks!

Rizzorat
--------
Venue Liaison

Fionacat:
I'd probably go the main meal, sounds more formal and had negative experiences with all you can eat in the past.

Also would very much depend on the price of the drinks, if it's £2.50 for a pint of coke i'll be going to subway instead.

SouthPaw:

--- Quote from: RizzoRattie on March 17, 2011, 22:39:07 ---If you were given the choice of a main meal with a choice of deserts for £8.95 (think pub style foods) or an all you can eat buffet style meal for £10.50 (also pub style food), which one would be more appealing to you and why?
--- End quote ---
I'd lean towards the "two courses for £8.95" option, assuming that'd be cooked (or at least warmed up!) to order, given the AYCE buffet offerings tend to be smaller portions (think Pizza Hut et al), and sit out for ages getting cold, until such point as they're replenished.

Cheers,

Southie

TR Wolf:
Two things:

1) Is this price for anyone at the con, or just residential attendees?

2) Does the buffet include dessert?

Shaggi:
HMM

For the small amount extra, I'd say the buffet. That way I can pick and choose between dishes.

That said, I probably won't be eating at the hotel XD DOMINOS AHOOOOOY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version