Author Topic: Awesome con was AWESOME  (Read 13403 times)

Offline Fionacat

• Cookie Maker
  • Fuzzy kitty thing
    • View Profile
Awesome con was AWESOME
« on: May 09, 2011, 21:26:38 »
Yes it was, really, the convention itself I can't really speak of highly enough and really am looking forwards to next year.

ALMOST.

See there was one fairly major issue for me and my room share in room 120, apparently the worst room in the entire hotel with a single A4 sized window for ventilation, wonderful views of some portacabins, no phone signal and no wifi signal at all.

This made co-ordinating meeting with people a "challenge" to say the least.

So long story short, hotel sucked, con itself, amazing!

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome con was AWESOME
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 23:06:29 »
for my first con ever it was awesome.

when i got there on the friday didnt have a clue what to do, but after meeting up with a couple people and putting my fursuit on for the first time in public, i slowly figured it out.

the biggest achievement for me was after the 'your first con' panel, i went back to my room, put on my fursuit and spent the next 40mins wandering round in it on my own.

all in all was an awesome weekend, met some great people, so roll on the next one.

Offline Lost Cause

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 00:03:40 »
when i got there on the friday didnt have a clue what to do, but after meeting up with a couple people and putting my fursuit on for the first time in public, i slowly figured it out.

Heh. when I go there I spent a long, long time sitting in the front recepion, watching all the people in tails and suits and eventualy worked up enpugh courage to put on the tail ^.^
It didn't take too long after that for me to get to the point I had to put on my head and paws, hense fumbling for and then dropping my phone while trying to find Mino after he arived :P

the biggest achievement for me was after the 'your first con' panel, i went back to my room, put on my fursuit and spent the next 40mins wandering round in it on my own.

Yes. the suits are fun!
I'll settle for the achievement of actualy, finaly going to a furcon.
It was endless fun!
the six hours a night rule didn't last long... Sorry about that Mino >.< although you did get the room to yourself for one entire night ^.^

all in all was an awesome weekend, met some great people, so roll on the next one.

< Has started saving already
I look forward to seeing everyone that isnt sick of me again next year ^.^

The only down side was that I failed to find either of the other Irish people registered to go. v.v
ohh and walked into pillars chipping my nose >.<
and the outstretched arm of someone that was giving direction....
and a photographer....
and a chair...
and...
Well, so on so forth.
ohh, larger eyes in head 2.0...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 00:09:34 by Lost Cause »
I have made my statement and I stand buy it, but I could be wrong!

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 01:19:09 »
Awesome con was awesome +1 :)

The hotel is really a secret millitary research base and is a great big Farafay's cage of doom for phone signal. But not that bad for O2 aparently.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:28:42 »
True the hotel does have a few bad rooms, I myself was in a tiny room with no openable windows at all just a skylight and only 1 light bulb that diddnt light the room so at least you can see Staff dont get special treatement XD But really the hotel arent used to these big cons we are there first and only like it they are more used to weddings and just airport travellors so filling the hotel probabbly normally doesnt happen and these rooms are usually empty.

Good job you come for the con and not the room :D

Glad people enjoyed it though! Cant wait to start work again on the next one after sleep!
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline DamianTanuki

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
  • Raccoon Dog if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 12:54:08 »
The rooms certainly left a lot to be desired, but that didn't really bother me too much since I was only ever in there to sleep and shower after suiting. One thing that bothered me was how hard the pillows were that I'd been given. Took 3 coffees to get me going properly on Saturday morning.

Offline nekosune

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 18:44:22 »
I really very much had a great time, was my first con ever, and I loved it.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 21:12:46 »
i'm sat here in my local pub trying to re-adjust to normality.

All day i've been moving my tail out the way when i sit down, i havent worn it since yesterday.

Offline Mat_Husky

• Cookie Eater
  • Fluffy Husky of Doom!
    • View Profile
    • Mat_Husky's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 21:20:06 »
This was my second con and I can't agree more with the title of this thread. Awesome con was awesome. I had an absolute blast there this year, the whole thing was fun from start to finish.

I think I may have been lucky enough to get one of the good rooms this year, for a single it had quite a lot of space, was neat and tidy, was very comfortable to spend time in, decent sized window though the view was of a roof and car park, but that didn't really bother me at all since I was there for the con and not the view. XD

I found the phone signal to be better than it was last year and was able to keep a decent signal with my USB internet stick too. Sure the signal could have been much better but it was good enough for most stuff.

My only problem was a personal one, that I was too shy most of the time and mainly kept to myself. May have to try and meet up with a few friends next year for even more fun. Hopefully my suit will be complete by next years con too, so that'll make things easier to be less shy and more bouncy. :P

Can't thank the staff of the con enough for everything they did to make the it so enjoyable. You guys rock! :D

Offline Lost Cause

• Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 22:08:21 »
Yes.
Shyness was an issue here too.
Still, I got lots of hugs in and that was great ^.^
and no phantom tail syndrome for me, probably because I kept forgetting mine was there and sitting on top of it :P
I have made my statement and I stand buy it, but I could be wrong!

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 22:17:09 »
Mat, you could always try volunteering next year and have interactions with some people that way. It's great to meet new faces that way by helping with the different shows and activities. Attending a few of the group discussion panels helps as well as you can join in a little bit to gain confidence and go from there.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 22:59:31 »
Mat, you could always try volunteering next year and have interactions with some people that way. It's great to meet new faces that way by helping with the different shows and activities. Attending a few of the group discussion panels helps as well as you can join in a little bit to gain confidence and go from there.

We'd always welcome more help from con-goers and as SFW has said, it is a great way to meet people and get to know them along with building your confidence up. I promise we in Con Operations don't bite at all and always welcome someone who's giving their time up to help out.
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 23:28:55 »
no phantom tail syndrome for me, probably because I kept forgetting mine was there and sitting on top of it :P

couldnt miss mine as it was a bit big, but it was basicly a big orange pillow (used it as one saturday nite).

i already have plans for minoky-suit version 2, i have a year to perfect it for confuzzled 2012.

Offline Jencen

• Theming Head & Tame LaserGoo
  • CFz Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 00:00:20 »
Awesome con was awesome +1 :)

The hotel is really a secret millitary research base and is a great big Farafay's cage of doom for phone signal. But not that bad for O2 aparently.

And yet somehow lets in the mysterious waves that wipe the door keycards.

Unless they still have the 'experimental' reactor still running.

Vodafone and orange were both useless. as was the Wifi up on the 4th floor.

Other than the comms problems it was a fantastic con. looking forward to next years
Thanks

Jencen
Theming Head and Tame LaserGoo

Offline Delph

• Events Lead
  • CFz Staff
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 00:22:00 »
All day i've been moving my tail out the way when i sit down, i havent worn it since yesterday.

Leo normally gets quite a bad case of phantom tail syndrome. Thank heavens for stubby tails.