Author Topic: Forums  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Fionacat

• Cookie Maker
  • Fuzzy kitty thing
    • View Profile
Forums
« on: May 31, 2011, 13:20:47 »
Can I just say, the UKFur forums were used way too much to organise stuff outside the normal con program, there were spot events (...ponies) I didn't know about happening and missed becuase they were advertised on the UKFur forums and not here.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Forums
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 21:47:17 »
There's a lot of traffic over there and I'm pretty sure that duplicated threads just would be annoying for people to reply to everywhere and reply the same things.

This is why a notice board is good for checking up on daily things happening.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 23:54:51 »
Hi Fionacat,

The events outside the organised convention programme were those organised solely by attendees and not endorsed by the convention staff; as such we do not have any control over where they choose to advertise their meetings and get-togethers. We do try to encourage use of the official ConFuzzled forums, but a lot of people already use the UKfur forums and ultimately it is their choice.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline nekosune

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 16:35:40 »
Hi Fionacat,

The events outside the organised convention programme were those organised solely by attendees and not endorsed by the convention staff; as such we do not have any control over where they choose to advertise their meetings and get-togethers. We do try to encourage use of the official ConFuzzled forums, but a lot of people already use the UKfur forums and ultimately it is their choice.

True, not your control, hence why I believe fionacat's post was more to the people who was posting there, replying  saying you have no control kind of quells the issue without really letting it be answered by the people who DID have control, the people who was posting.

Offline GreenReaper

• Cookie Eater
  • Rambling Norn
    • View Profile
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 20:41:05 »
There are many possible reasons. Perhaps they feel their events are more likely to get readers there. Maybe they have an account there and are not inclined to sign up for yet another forum. They might even fear the heavy hand of censorship (not, admittedly, likely for a discussion about a brony panel . . . but in general, it is rarely a good idea to allow an event full control over discussion of its activities).

You could just as easily ask why ConFuzzled set up its own forum system rather than request expansion of the UKfur forum dedicated to it - there are good arguments both for and against doing so.
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 22:42:56 »
There is a dedicated forum on UKFur for Confuzzled so it's contained in there, but it's good to go where people are and have your own forums in case of a site crash. It's also nice to have the staff posting in a secure place too.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.