Author Topic: New Forum Design and Layout  (Read 8225 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
New Forum Design and Layout
« on: August 06, 2011, 22:35:16 »
Welcome to our refreshed, tidied and streamlined forum! In full Hollywood tradition we've given the whole thing a facelift, tummytuck and over six hours of makeup.

Here's a quick summary of the changes we've made:
  • Firstly, and perhaps most obviously, we've updated the forum theme - we hope you find these graphical changes pleasing to the eye.
  • We've cut down the number of boards to try and keep things easier to use and browse.
  • Most of the old posts have been shuffled away into an archive which can be found at the bottom of the main forum page. So, don't worry if you can't see your old posts - they're still there in archive.

We really hope that you like what you see, and we look forward to talking to you here and seeing you at ConFuzzled 2012.

Please let us know what you think of the changes or if you have any suggestions for further improvements to the forum.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 00:32:53 by Twll »
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: New Forum Design and Layout
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 23:42:31 »
It works in Internet Explorer so I'm a happy wolfy. It might be nice on the add reply to take out some of the boxes, there's a lot of them there that don't seem to be needed (insert tables, teletype and such).
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 00:47:21 »
I thought I'd logged onto the EF forums by mistake at first XD. They look so similar now!

Offline Mat_Husky

• Cookie Eater
  • Fluffy Husky of Doom!
    • View Profile
    • Mat_Husky's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:51:05 »
Looking good, everything is still easy to find and the new purple/white colour style blends together well.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 17:48:34 »
Very well done on the new look Matt and Output :)
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline GreenReaper

• Cookie Eater
  • Rambling Norn
    • View Profile
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 21:07:16 »
Link text blends into the regular forum text a little too well . . . perhaps this could be underlined, or at least a more visible colour?
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 19:23:04 »
None of the drop down boxes work for IE6, I can't see them at all. Before someone throws something at me, I like IE6 it looks nice for me and works for what I do.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 19:58:20 »
None of the drop down boxes work for IE6, I can't see them at all. Before someone throws something at me, I like IE6 it looks nice for me and works for what I do.
I'm afraid that IE6 is now a very outdated browser (first released 10 years ago!) and as of July 2011 only used by approximately 2% of UK internet users - the amount of extra work which would be required to make the site and forum support IE6 would be almost as much as that required to create it in the first place as we would have to rework almost all the templates and coding to allow for IE6's quirks. 

Even Microsoft are running a campaign to get people to stop using IE6... http://www.ie6countdown.com
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 20:01:42 »
True, I'm forever being told off by a friend for still using it. The forum works fine though in IE6 (I'm using it now in fact). I suppose I should get around to upgrading it to whatever version they are on now. I think I can only make it up to eight, nine isn't supported on XP so I am lead to believe.