Author Topic: The New Venue  (Read 14679 times)

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Re: The New Venue
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 13:37:26 »
I was as foreigner tourist on CF in 2011 first time and I was very satysified. I liked the venue, and all there... and I was looked forward for come again in 2015.
Now I will not come (prop.90%)
The new venue is bad choice for me as foreigner
- looks to cold with atmosphere - glass, metal (same mistake like EF did), more luxury but less cosy

It really isn't a 'cold atmosphere' at all, the rotunda in particular turns into a very nice hub for people sitting down to chat between events.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 15:15:07 »
Despite the old venue's many good points, it was a little bit Fawlty Towers at times. One morning I joined a table where we were discussing the faults in our respective rooms. The new venue looks much more modern in it's provision for guests and the accomodation seems to be far superior in quality.

We'll see how they cope with several hundred furs in one go :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 16:47:42 »
When I was at EF, at one point Kage was in the lift at the same time as me and he was critisising the old hotel, can't get a more ringing endoresement than that XD. I was actually unaware that there were any non-con guests staying in the hotel, that really wasn't on seeing as we were meant to have had it exclusively... though i guess the hotel couldn't resist the extra money. Though I'd have felt just as awkward walking into the auction at that point at they did...

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 20:20:12 »
I was as foreigner tourist on CF in 2011 first time and I was very satysified. I liked the venue, and all there... and I was looked forward for come again in 2015.
Now I will not come (prop.90%)
The new venue is bad choice for me as foreigner
- looks to cold with atmosphere - glass, metal (same mistake like EF did), more luxury but less cosy
- it is far from public transport - when I come to con to foreign country I'd like to see also some cities or travel a little (Visit Coventry will be interesting quite a lot eg). I will flight in and in case of this venue without car all tourist activities will be a problem...
- rent a car is a problem (expensive and I refuse drive on left)
- no choice (without own car) for eating - i need stay in hotel and eat there - and do not know, ahead, about menu and prices in restaurant and bar (there is no info on CF web and also no on hotel page) - do not like if  have no choice
- more expensive to stay longer before and after

so I am disappointed and propably will not come...

Hi Greylion,

I wanted to address some of your points for you to hopefully give you some more information

1. The reason that there is currently no information regarding the menu on the website is at this time, it hasnt been agreed with the hotel what will be on offer.  The format of how has been settled on but there are currently other items of priority that need to be resolved before we can start to explore menu options further with the hotel.

I can tell you now that they are willing to be rather flexible and will be quite adaptive to our clientel, so I can envisage good things.  Having sampled their food on three seperate occassions now, I can assure you and the other attendees that the food quality is infinately better than that of the Britannia and so will certainly be worth the spend this time around.  In addition to this information, I can tell you that we will get a consession on some prices at the bar, but what and how much again at this time are not agreed, so this information cannot be made public on the website.

2. Regarding travel, there are plenty of options available to you to get to the Barcelo althought slightly less direct than at the Britannia.  The travel page does detail all the local facilities such as airport, train stations, and also highlights that we are investsigating the option of a shuttle service.  This is again, not fully agreed yet but is in the final stages of negotiation so very soon hopefully we can confirm this service. This will make life easier for many peopel travelling to the stations.

More information regarding travel is available here:  http://www.confuzzled.org.uk/premiere/venue/travel-instructions/   
Please note that as more timetables and information becomes available, we will updatae this page for our attendees.

3. Believe it or not, although from a birds eye perspective it looks further out, the distance from the Britannia Country House Hotel to the nearest food outlets, and from the Barcelo to the closest outlet are actually the same, 0.6mi.  This is the same walking distance, albeit it looks further out for the Barcelo because of the empltier surroundings.
Britannia: http://bit.ly/nlTQN9
Barcelo: http://bit.ly/qqEatn

The options were better surrounding the Britannia, this is definate, but what we aim to do this year is try to negotiate some partner rates with local businesses in the area to ensure the best price for any take aways etc.. Again, this is information that will become availabel over time, and will eventually be available in your con pack.

4. Unfortunately, we have had to increase our prices marginally based on the increased price and quality of the hotel, this was sadly unavoidable.  However, if you are room sharing, this cost for early and late should not be dramatically increased.  The most expensive option is that of a single room occupancy.

I hope this has given you some positive feedback and of course if you have any other questions you want to put our way, please do so.

Feel free to DM or email me if you have any other queries you would like help with.

Kind Regards,

Rizzorat
-----------
Venue Liaison
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 20:24:10 »
When I was at EF, at one point Kage was in the lift at the same time as me and he was critisising the old hotel, can't get a more ringing endoresement than that XD. I was actually unaware that there were any non-con guests staying in the hotel, that really wasn't on seeing as we were meant to have had it exclusively... though i guess the hotel couldn't resist the extra money. Though I'd have felt just as awkward walking into the auction at that point at they did...

The issue with outside guests was apparently a head office mistake and the were booked in via another hotel.  As sympathetic as we were to this, we still fined them for this breach and it was another negative element to add to the serious issues we encountered with the Britannia this year just gone.  That said, it was still a very positive home and very welcoming to the convention.  If they had completed the refurbishments on time, which should have been done 2 years prior, it might have been a different story.  We shall still look back fondly at our time with them.

:)
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Rorschfox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Rorschfox's FA Page (NSFW)
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 20:22:50 »
Having been to all the previous ConFuzzleds so far, I can honestly say that the new hotel looks fabulous - a big upgrade on previous years!

Don't get me wrong - I think the previous locations were both great. But this one is something else!

And I'm definitely going to be seeing it for myself next year! To quote Arnie: "I'll be back..."