Author Topic: 80's music event  (Read 5736 times)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
80's music event
« on: August 15, 2011, 16:52:18 »
I know there are already music themed events, but as a child of the 80's I grew up with a lot of the disco music and Black Lace style performance.

I'd like to possibly see about arranging an 80's disco dance event with fursuiters and others joining in all the action songs. I'd suggest around half an hour at least for it to give a few songs to dance to.

There would be the need for some water, straws and a fan for the suiters. Being as all these items are resonably portable I don't see a problem if they are brought in and put back afterwards. What would definately be needed though is a bit of sound equipment. I think some might possible be brought along? :P

Again, either in a main stage area or one of the dance rooms would be fine as long as there is enough space for the suiters etc to spread out and not flail into each other.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Swolf

• Track Lead - Dances
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
Re: 80's music event
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 16:10:14 »
hey there,
Alas I missed out the 80's party dances from my 2011 fursuit dance. However if the demand is there I will happily reinsate this :) I did manage a few in the 2010 set. I may be able to shedule this as a seperate day event also so i'll keep it in mind.
Cheers
Swolf
Dance Lead

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 16:50:17 »
It's about the only music I can pretend to dance to with the easy to know movements :)

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Did someone say furfag~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 14:47:05 »
How about extending it to 60s and 70s as well, if only cus I know all the moves to Tiger Feet :D

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 16:18:34 »
I'm sure some more specific songs can be included with good dances can be used. It's just the 80's ones tend to be the most known.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 19:22:10 »
Saw this and clicked, then realized that 80's music in Britain isn't in any real way analogous to 80's in the states.  Cross-cultural fail on my part. :P 
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 17:46:01 »
I must confess I'm not too much aware of the difference? 80's as in 1980's is what I'm referring to.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 20:18:59 »
I must confess I'm not too much aware of the difference? 80's as in 1980's is what I'm referring to.

Perhaps it's a linguistic thing then (wherein disco is to refer to dance clubs themselves rather than a specific type of dance music), but disco music as a genre isn't a staple of the 1980's music in the US, dying out in the first two years of the decade but having been on the decline since a 1979 event at a double-header baseball game in Chicago that heralded the unofficial death of the genre stateside.  It was pretty much a riot that ensued after a rock radio station DJ blew up a crate of unwanted disco records on the field between games as part of a promotion.

To this day the word disco without clarification represents (to a statesider) a generally reviled type of music that died a hideous death alongside bell-bottom pants, though I hastily point out that it spawned many later generations of pop and techno music that enjoyed continued popularity in the dance clubs.  My dad was quite the fan if his old record collection is any indication. :P

I haven't much of an idea what the history of dance music in the UK is, but it would be no surprise to me if the genre that died out in the states lived on in the UK or that as the music evolved it kept the same genre sub-type because the word didn't carry the negative connotations it gained in the states in '79.  I tend to just assume that period music in various countries is going to be different than music in the states at during the same time-frame.  One of the most notable examples of which I'm aware is that 1980's dance and rock from the US was pretty much the template for the vast majority of the popular music in Japan in the mid to late 1990's, and it was a running joke among the anime and J-pop/rock nuts that I hung out with at the time that Japanese music was a decade behind (which was cool for us: we all loved 1980's music).

I really look forward to hearing some music I've probably never been exposed to.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.