Author Topic: Pricing on the website.  (Read 4584 times)

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Pricing on the website.
« on: August 29, 2011, 20:12:52 »
Just noticed that my forum user application was authorised a while back... So I'll copy this over from the ukfur boards...
The pricing for single booking is confusing. It says £25 extra per day, but then puts different rates for the additional days? I'm assuming that you didn't mean to imply a double additional charge for single occupancy on the additional days. It's also a little unclear as to what the pricing would be on a Single ocupancy deluxe room if you stay the extra days, if you even intended to allow people to single occupancy book deluxe rooms? It's not really very easy to work out what you're going to pay unless you intend to share a room and only stay for the convention days.

It'd be simpler if you presented a table like this, but in actual HTML :)

Code: [Select]
                 Shared Standard Room  Single Room  Shared Deluxe Room  Single Deluxe Room
Three Nights,
25,26,27th Aug                   £200         £275                £220                £295

Additional Nights
24th Aug                          £50          £70                 £70                 £75?
28th Aug                          £50          £70                 £70                 £75?

Sponsorship   
Upgrade            £50

T-Shirt
+ Comic            £15

(Shared Room priced per person, and on the basis of two people sharing a room with another
paying attendee. The convention will assign shared accommodation unless attendees specify
a common room booking, or a single room booking is made. Shared rooms are two person
maximum occupation.)

And of course with the right pricing and policy if my reading of what they are is wrong.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
Re: Pricing on the website.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 20:47:37 »
It says £25 extra per day
I'm assuming that you didn't mean to imply a double additional charge for single occupancy on the additional days.

I've just had a check and the correct pricing for a single occupancy room is £20 - I can't find where you've found £25 from... you will also note that a standard double or twin room is £50 for the early or late nights and therefore the single early or late night price is £70 (i.e. £50 + £20). We'll look into clarifying the website, however we would always advise if someone is going to pick a non-standard option then they should check the cost with our registration team. The registration system will also guide people through the costing of their selected options.

It's also a little unclear as to what the pricing would be on a Single ocupancy deluxe room if you stay the extra days, if you even intended to allow people to single occupancy book deluxe rooms?

This is not one of our standard offerings, however if you are interested in booking this then please contact our registration team to discuss.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Re: Pricing on the website.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 22:17:20 »
It's also a little unclear as to what the pricing would be on a Single ocupancy deluxe room if you stay the extra days, if you even intended to allow people to single occupancy book deluxe rooms?

This is not one of our standard offerings, however if you are interested in booking this then please contact our registration team to discuss.

It does look like it's on offer from what's on the website at the moment tho.