Author Topic: Birmingham Airport -> ConFuzzled 2012  (Read 13899 times)

SouthPaw

Re: Birmingham Airport -> ConFuzzled 2012
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 21:55:25 »
Whilst it's possible, it would certainly be easier to get a taxi. Some of the route is not the best for walking on from a surface point of view and there are some faily busy roads to cross over.

Master of understatement there, Mr Wolf. ;-) Whilst there is a pavement all the way (assuming you turn off Rugby Road at Three Pots Roundabout, which is signposted), the "fairly busy roads" in question are the sliproads leading to/from the M69!

Cheers,

Southie

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 04:20:34 »
Me and 2 others will arrive at Birmingham airport at 12:55 on the 24th.
We're thinking of getting the train to Hinckley station and that we just walk towards the hotel.
I've heard that was possible from a local fur ^_^

Hi Sparky

it is possible to walk, but its worth while taking a much closer inspection of the Satalite view map of the local area.  The main road, Rugby Road, leading directly from the train station to the hotel does NOT have a footpath andonly a grass verge, making this pretty dangerous to traverse, especially with suitcases.  If you intended to walk, you would need to take a slightly longer route that diverts off of Rugby road, onto Three Pots Road, and then down Wolvey Road, meeting up with Watling street.  You would then need to cross the roundabout, which DOES have footpaths and crossing points, in order to get to the hotel.

Map 1 - Highlights the route to take if walking.  DIstance is 2.4 miles and estimated to take about 40m

Map 2 - Highlights very clearly the foot path and corssing points at the roundabout under the M69

Street View - clearly shows no foot paths available on the one section of Rugby Road

Hope this helps, although of course I would urge you to get a Taxi to make life easier for yourself.

Kind Regards,

Rizzorat
------------
Venue Liaison &
Head of Fursuit Relations
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 11:59:50 »
I should be arriving at Hinckley railway station late afternoon on the 24th myself... And I would strongly suggest getting a taxi. If you share one, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Offline SparkytheWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 23:06:25 »
Yeah I was already thinking of getting a taxi ^_^
I'm driving with 3 others at least in the train so this wouldn't be expensive at all =D

Offline neweinstein

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 08:45:20 »
We also found out that there are at least four furs arriving on the same plane on thursday ... so will just try to stick together in the train and the share a taxi to the hotel .... if we find one big enough for all people and suitcases :-)

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 17:44:56 »
It's like saying a tornado is a bit of an air current? I did manage to cook the brakes on a Transit today to the point of having to pull over and stop to let them cool down.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Bigwig

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Bigwig & Shadowhunter's Warren
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 19:40:08 »
Hi,

airport to Hinckley checked, but I wonder how to travel the last 2 miles
from Hickley station to the Hotel. When the sun shines I'm inclined to
walk, but rolling heavy luggage over such distances seems not a good
idea. Anyway thanks for the detailed fallback guide for traveling on foot
Rizzo!

Is there a line running down Rugby Road road? I searched a map
"Hickley by bus?" but I found only bus-line descriptions which are
hard to read: http://centrebus.info/hinckleyservices.aspx
(the only 'map' I found would not help much either:
http://www.carlberry.co.uk/op/Centrebus_Leicester.htm )

Or should I better forget about the bus and ask for the local taxi service number?
The shuttle service is not an option as I booked early arrival (3:15 pm birmingham /
late departure.

yours Bigwig
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 00:45:35 by Bigwig »

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 20:53:10 »
hi Bigwig,

regretably, there is no local bus service that offers a service direct to the hotel.  This is a bit of an inconvenience, but unfortunately out of our control.  As per a previous forum thread regarding the shuttle bus service, there are a few local taxi firms to choose from:

Hinckley Station Taxis: (01455) 614 444
Central Taxis: (01455) 251 125
A1 Taxis: (01455) 61 51 61

You could consider calling in advance to book a taxi for yourself and agree a rate, or alternatively there is a taxi rank immediately outside the station, and a taxi cabin if non are immediately available.  We still have every intention to try and get a preferred rate with taxi's in and around the local area but at the moment this is not a guarantee.  We will undoubtedly make an announcement about this however if we are able to secure a flat rate.

Kind Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Uillian

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 10:37:20 »
I arrive at 7:55 am and will be hoping aboard the "free" shuttle bus at 9 am wondering where said service actually is

SouthPaw

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 13:12:00 »
I arrive at 7:55 am and will be hoping aboard the "free" shuttle bus at 9 am wondering where said service actually is

From the Travel Page on the website:

At Birmingham Airport, the driver will await immediately in and around the arrivals lounge entrance and will have a sign clearly indicating ‘ConFuzzled’.

Note that the shuttle only runs on Friday and Monday, so if you've got early arrival and/or late departure you'll need to make other arrangements.

HTH,

Southie

Offline SparkytheWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 13:16:45 »
Our trip from Birmingham Airport to Confuzzled on the 24th is all covered up =D

Offline Uillian

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 14:23:39 »
thanks southie i will be fine for times just need to find this driver now why has this got me thinking of a fursuitting driver