Author Topic: Registration opens on Thursday 15th September  (Read 12060 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
Registration opens on Thursday 15th September
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:43 »
It's time to dust off that tuxedo, time to get that Marilyn Monroe costume freshened up, find that golden statue behind the sofa. Get ready for glitz and glamour - because ConFuzzled 2012 will be opening its doors to you very soon!

We are delighted to announce that we're rolling the red carpet out and opening registration at 2000 BST on Thursday 15th September!

As this time approaches, keep a close eye on our Twitter account (@cfconvention), website ( http://www.confuzzled.org.uk/premiere/attending/registering/ ) and the ConFuzzled forum where we will post the link to our registration system once registration opens.

Please take some time before registration opens to review the pricing and options available for ConFuzzled 2012 on our website.

Dealers - registration for the Dealers' Den will open at the same time as main registration. So if you would like to be in our Dealers' Den, remember to register early because when we run out of space, we won't be able to accept any more Dealers!
To register just click on the 'Dealers Den' box under 'options and extras' and fill out the form.

Should you have any questions about registering, please contact the Registration Team by emailing registration@confuzzled.org.uk. For Dealers' Den questions, please contact the Commerce team by emailing dealersden@confuzzled.org.uk

But that's not all...

It is also our pleasure to inform you that, thanks to a very kind donation made by DH Winterwolf, the grand total raised by ConFuzzled attendees for the International Otter Survival Fund has reached £10,000! We can't even imagine how many feesh that'll buy those lucky otters. It's thanks to you that we've managed to raise so much money for our charity, and the fact we've hit the five-digit mark speaks volumes about your generosity. You've set yourselves a very high bar in 2011 - what will you achieve in 2012?

It's not too late to donate to the otters though! Should you also wish to make a donation, please head to their website at http://www.ottershop.co.uk/acatalog/Donations.html where you can make a donation directly to the IOSF. If you'd like to, mention that you were a ConFuzzled 2011 attendee!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:09:06 by Tungro »
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline baccala30

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Registration opens on Thursday 15th September
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 20:41:43 »
Does that include for the hotel?  :)

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 21:04:15 »
Does that include for the hotel?  :)

CF has an all-inclusive ticketing scheme. The price of the con includes the hotel reg and fees. :)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 22:03:59 »
The reg pages lists the deluxe option as being for double rooms only, to clarify - does this mean you cannot have a twin deluxe?
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 22:29:15 »
According to the hotel's website, they only have one type of twin room, which it actually says is executive: http://www.barcelo-hotels.co.uk/hotels/central-england/barcelo-hinckley-island-hotel-leicestershire/rooms

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 00:07:30 »
The reg pages lists the deluxe option as being for double rooms only, to clarify - does this mean you cannot have a twin deluxe?

Correct, Twin rooms are available as Standard only this year.
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 16:11:57 »
This is going to sound dense, but does that mean we need to pay the upgrade suppliment for a twin as it's an executive room or is that a standard option at no extra cost?

I'd prefer to be clear before I book the wrong room type.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 17:19:02 »
Hi SFW,

as per the CF website, this is what it says you get included in the price if you pay for residential:

"Three nights in a standard double or twin room"

Although there seems to be confusion with people checking the Barceló website, and then ours, despite the fact THEIR website says 'Executive Twin' - a twin room from our perspective is a standard room.  Therefore, when you go through the registration process, you can select 'twin room' as an option at no addition cost.  If you do not select a room mate, one will eventually be assigned to you.

The only options you will need to pay extra for are:

1. Staying Early (Thursday night)
2. Staying late (Monday night)
3. Deluxe room upgrade (Only available in double, no twin options available)
4. Single occupancy (only available in a standard double room - no deluxe upgrades available)

The option to hire the party room is not yet available in the registration system and this will be done separate at a later stage.

As a rule of thumb, please go by our website, and not the Barceló’s.  Naturally, we know people will do this because they will compare prices and what they get for their money.  However, I want to make sure people will rest assured that we have a very competitive rate, and since we have the hotel exclusively, just like with the Britannia last year, anyone registering for a room directly to the hotel will actually be re-located to another hotel closer to the time.  Our registration system will match the Barceló’s and anyone not on our list will not be staying in the hotel during the time of the convention.

I hope this clears a few things up.  Admittedly there is confusion when you compare the two websites, but that was never intended.  The names are simplified in our system for good reasons, which are transparent to attendees, but are necessary. 

Many thanks :)

Rizzorat

Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 17:26:12 »
Thank you Rizzo, you are a super star for putting up with all the questions that get thrown around.