Author Topic: WebComics Kaffe Klatch  (Read 5277 times)

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
WebComics Kaffe Klatch
« on: September 15, 2011, 20:45:12 »
Edit: I'll run this event as a Kaffe Klatch, where we all just meet up and chat and swap hints and tips about creating web comics, and just get to say hi to other people in the Webcomics world. Unless there's going to be more established Webcomics creators coming, who would want to be on panel. I don't know exactly how many people I would expect, but the "How to make a webcomic" event had ~20 people at the last con, but that was a GOH event as well. So if you want to come to this, please do say.

Since I ended up running a panel on this at the last con for the first 20 minutes while The Gneech was delayed, and I ended up co-presenting a panel on this at AyaCon...

Anyone interested in a panel on Webcomics again?

Idealy, since I'm just a subs editor on the Belfry WebComics Index, I'd like input there from people who actually run webcomics. So if you do run a webcomic, and would like to answer questions from an audience about it, please tell me! I'm sure people wouldn't be that interested in just my giving lots of numbers and statistics and site design and production issues.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 19:14:11 by lamar »

Offline elenawing

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: WebComics panel
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 20:43:45 »
I think I'd be interested :3

Offline lamar

• View Profile
Re: WebComics panel
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 21:43:00 »
I think it may well work out best as a Q&A/Coffee Moot, amongst web-comic creators and those that would like to start one.

Offline lamar

• View Profile
Re: WebComics Kaffe Klatch
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 19:21:58 »
Not sure how many people will come along to a Kaffe Klatch on webcomics. We had around 20ish for Gneech's "how to make a webcomic" panel, and I would be okay with getting only half of that. I do know of some creators who might turn up (and one hopefully definite), and I would be happy to help encourage those who want to start one.

Offline lamar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 19:36:44 »
It occurs to me, that depending on technical feasibility, I could also see if any of my US webcomics making friends would like to Skype in to say hi and answer some questions...

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 21:07:14 »
While I don't know that I really qualify as a webcomics creator since I am strictly speaking a writer who happens to work on a webcomic project, I'd be more than willing to have a sit down and hear from others who do webcomics... as long as the coffee is good.  My other half (on the webcomic) won't be attending Confuzzled and as she's the artist, I suspect she's the one most would really want to talk to. :)
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline lamar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 00:12:18 »
Something has come up, and I will not be available to run this event. Would anyone else be able/willing to run it?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 16:40:58 by lamar »