Author Topic: [2008] Hooray! FAQ  (Read 11207 times)

Angyl

[2008] Hooray! FAQ
« on: May 12, 2007, 13:54:51 »
Great to see that the site now has an FAQ, clears up a lot of information without the need for repeat asking.

I have only one request: drop that last item, "You guys suck and are ripping us off!" It looks unprofessional. It would be better replacing it with something like "What happens to the money you make" and then go on to explain it's a not for profit event.

One of the things that has concerned me is the moderators' habit of being professional but being unable to put in a personal stab at people that have upset them. You have to tolerate the naysayers and those that are less than polite about your efforts when starting something new, if you start putting things like the aforemention FAQ item you're giving fuel to the troll fires.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 16:37:53 by CaliHusky »

CaliHusky

Re: Hooray! FAQ
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 15:15:01 »
Naw, we won't be removing that as it's in the tongue-in-cheek style of the rest of the website and most people have found it humerous.

Offline Shema

• Cookie Maker
  • Hug my 50 meerkat plushies!
    • View Profile
    • Shema's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 02:19:13 »
I am sorry but I have to agree with Angyl. It does look very unprofessional, and because of the way a recent situation was handled, it really just puts the icing on the cake. It's like a way of the staff having the last word in the matter. It's very off-putting.

I don't want to sound like a miserable old lioness, but it sort of puts me off wanting to be anything to do with ConFuzzled. We aren't just hosting a convention, we are representing UK Furs aswell and if this is the way we and ConFuzzled are going to be portrayed, then I am afraid to say I am hessitant to be a part of it  :(

So as I was saying, I think Angyl is right - It should be changed.

CaliHusky

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 02:34:04 »
I could remove it, but what happens if the same situation occurs again?

I can't say see the FAQ if it's not there. I'm thinking purely from an administrative point of view.

Offline Shema

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Shema's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 02:37:57 »
I am not saying that you get rid of the topic altogether, however, as Angyl suggested, you could just change the question to "What happens to the money you make?" and perhaps change the wording a little :)

CaliHusky

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 02:41:00 »
Okay.. community involvement time here ;>

Can you take a look at the question and rephrase it and the answer? :)

If you post it back here, it may get put back online!

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 10:17:20 »
"I feel the cost of the con is too high, what happens to my money?"  ???

Maaaaybe ^.^
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:37:34 »
How about;
What happens if you your income exceeds the cost of running the convention?

Should we make a profit from running the event then any money made by the company is required to be reinvested into the company, and will go towards making the next year even better.

None of the staff involved in the running of the convention are being paid and as ConFuzzled is being organised by a not for profit Limited Company, the accounts will be available from Companies House at the appropriate juncture.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 14:57:19 »
How about;

Should we make a profit from running the event then any money made by the company is required to be reinvested into the company, and will go towards making the next year even better.

None of the staff involved in the running of the convention are being paid and as ConFuzzled is being organised by a not for profit Limited Company, the accounts will be available from Companies House at the appropriate juncture.

Seconded. Professional and to the point. I personally didn't see to much wrong with it in the first place, but I'm far to laid back about tongue-in-cheek sarcasm for my own good, and since some attendees might not have English as a first or even second language, best to keep things as simple to understand as possible to avoid confusion

[Edited to correct some spelling problems]

Offline Shema

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Shema's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 15:14:59 »
How about;

That sounds much better :)

Angyl

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 17:05:03 »
seconded, that rewording is far more professional. As Shema rightly points out, you're not just "running a large furmeet", you're running an event that will represent the whole UK fur scene and you're going to make the first big impression if it all goes according to plan. People remember the first event and take their opinions from it, so you have to get it right and it has to be professional, otherwise you make future events that much harder to generate interest in because people just won't take it seriously.

CaliHusky

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 20:25:00 »
Done and done. Slight rewording on the question so it'd fit in the page :)

Offline Shema

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Shema's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 22:21:10 »
That's brilliant :) Thank you!

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!