Author Topic: Sharing deluxe double rooms  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Tygs

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Sharing deluxe double rooms
« on: September 18, 2011, 17:37:33 »
Hiya,

Possibly didn't think this through very much when I was booking XD I'm assuming the deluxe double rooms are still based on 2 sharing and with them being sold out already I may very well end up having to bed with a stranger if I don't know anyone else that booked one? >.<

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: Sharing deluxe double rooms
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 19:55:57 »
Hi Tygs,

I'm going to get clarifty on this one for you and raise it with the reg team and directors.  Its not very clear at all on the website.  We are working on an updated room announcement that we hope to clear things up with, but this is indeed a very good point.

My view on this would be confirmed room shares getting priority as long as both parties are paid in full.  However, Im not sure if this is what is intended to happen. I know I myself would otherwise be in exactly the same boat.

I will point one of them here or find out the information myself and reply ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Rizzorat
-----------
Venue Liaison
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Tygs

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 20:01:23 »
Heh thanks :)

Offline RizzoRattie

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 20:19:43 »
currently on a call with those involved ;) Treating this as priority as its a bit of an oversight at the moment. We will get it sorted.

Offline RizzoRattie

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 21:53:21 »
Hiya,

Possibly didn't think this through very much when I was booking XD I'm assuming the deluxe double rooms are still based on 2 sharing and with them being sold out already I may very well end up having to bed with a stranger if I don't know anyone else that booked one? >.<

Hi Tygs,

many thanks for raising this point to our attention, and for your patience as I sourced the information for you. I have had a conference call with the chairman and head of registration and want to provide you now the following feedback.  

The process as it currently stands is that when you register, you can select your room option based on availability.  When you registered, there were deluxe rooms still available and as such, you were allotted a space in a deluxe room.  This of course is not guaranteed to you until it is fully paid.  Anyone registering at this period of time will be informed that the deluxe rooms are fully booked and if they select this option, they will go on the waiting list until a place becomes available.  This is as per the Conditions of Use and Sales page on our website: http://www.confuzzled.org.uk/premiere/attending/conditions-of-sale/

23. If you choose options that are not available, you will be placed on a waiting list and kept up to date as to your options.

After a specified period of time (as is detailed in the registration email), for those that successfully were allotted space in a deluxe room, if their registration is not paid for in full, the space will be re-allocated to someone on the waiting list.

If you do not pay promptly your registration may be cancelled.

This is based on a first come, first served basis; time and date of registration.

Therefore at this stage, my suggestion to you would be that if you have a friend in mind that you intended to share the room with, have them register and choose the deluxe double and go on the waiting list.  As spaces are re-allocated for non payment, if they then are allotted one, they can pay in full and you will both be able to choose each other as roommates.  In order to secure your own space, I would recommend paying for your registration in full.  If at a later stage spaces are not available and your friend is unable to secure one, you can email the registration team in order to change your room type to a guest double or twin (based on availability) and you will be refunded the difference.

It is still possible, but unlikely due to cancellations and re-allocations of spaces, that you could be allocated a random roommate based on the rooms being available on a first come, first paid basis - as is stipulated on the website, and also the fact that this is agreed to when completing registration and is also listed in ther Conditions of sale:

The Deluxe Double is available for an additional fee and is limited in availability.  Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first paid basis so please ensure to book and pay early to avoid disappointment.

11. By selecting a Double or Twin room type, you agree to let ConFuzzled Registration staff allocate an attendee to your room as a room share unless you set up your own roommate in the registration system before the close of residential registration.

however, from experience of previous years, we always have a percentage of people that will drop out or cannot make payment in time and as such, am fairly confident, although am in no way guaranteeing, that you will likely be able to end up sharing with your desired room mate.

Apologies if this seems like Russian roulette but unfortunately the system is adapted in such a way to ensure that those who register first are given their grace period to make their payment.  This is the fairest approach we can take.

In closing, just to stress, please do not feel deterred from making payment for your registration, as the room choice can be changed and refunded at a later stage for those wishing to share with a specific individual via liasing with with the registration team.

I hope this answers your question. We have some updated information regarding rooms, occupancy figures etc.. which we intend to post shortly so hopefully this will address any other concerns you might have.  If however you wish to email anyone, please feel free to contact the registration team at registration@confuzzled.org.uk

Many thanks,

Rizzorat
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 21:56:59 by RizzoRattie »

Offline Tygs

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 22:54:17 »
Thanks~ I've already paid up, just didn't really think about finding someone to room with until after I had XD

So if I get my mate to register and choose a deluxe double, but he goes on the waiting list, does he still have to pay the full amount within 5 working days, or does he wait until someone cancels/doesn't pay and then pay?

Offline RizzoRattie

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 23:06:08 »
Thanks~ I've already paid up, just didn't really think about finding someone to room with until after I had XD

So if I get my mate to register and choose a deluxe double, but he goes on the waiting list, does he still have to pay the full amount within 5 working days, or does he wait until someone cancels/doesn't pay and then pay?

Hi Tygs,

if someone is on a waiting list, until a space is allotted to them, they do not have to pay. The only risk this runs is that in the mean time, if all the guest doubles booked out, they would have no space at all at the convention.  However, it is unlikely we will sell all spaces this year, as this would be more than a 50% growth rate.

The sooner they sign up for a waiting list, the higher up the waiting list they will be. This is a first come, first served basis, so at the moment, if there are already people waiting, they will be first in line.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Rizzo

Offline Tygs

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:45 »
Cool, cheers dude~