Author Topic: An Update on Registration and Hotel Capacity.  (Read 12788 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
An Update on Registration and Hotel Capacity.
« on: September 18, 2011, 22:03:20 »
We have had an unprecedented start to registration for ConFuzzled 2012, with over 200 of you registering in the first four days! We cannot thank you enough for your support, and it is exciting to see many new names alongside a large number of regular attendees.  However, as the registrations continue to pour in, we have had many people asking questions concerned that we will not have enough space for you all.

We would like to take this opportunity to clarify for you some numbers regarding hotel capacity and room availability to try and relieve some confusion.

• In total, the hotel has 358 rooms (excluding four party suites), all of which can accommodate at least two people.
  • We have 50 rooms allocated for single occupancy.
  • If the convention sells all the rooms in the hotel, with these 50 as single occupancy and two people sharing every other room, this will allow for 666 residential attendees - around 200 more than the Britannia.
  • It is possible, however, for those attendees staying in twin rooms to choose to share with up to three other people, based on two people sharing each double bed. (If you wish to take advantage of this option, you and your intended room mates will need to e-mail our registration team at registration@confuzzled.org.uk).
  • If all attendees booking a twin room choose to have four people sharing, the hotel capacity will become 936 residential attendees.

Therefore, to clarify, this year ConFuzzled can accommodate between 666 and 936 residential attendees, depending on room sharing options chosen. 

At this time, unfortunately, all Deluxe Doubles have been booked.  However, when registering you can still opt for this room choice and join the waiting list.  If any registrations are removed from the system, this may free up rooms and spaces will be allocated to those on the waiting list in order.  In addition, we would like to let you know that 50% of the single occupancy rooms have been booked.  Therefore, if you want one of these, please act fast before they are all gone.

Please note that in order to maintain our waiting lists, if you do not pay for your registration within the payment deadline notified to you by email then it is liable to be cancelled at any time. You will receive an email to warn you if your payment has become overdue.

We would also like to remind you that when you register for a double or twin room, unless you choose your room mate and pair yourselves up in the registration system, you WILL be allocated a random room mate.  This is unavoidable due to contractual obligations with the hotel, so please make sure that you sort out your room mate(s) early. 

In order to allocate your room mate, you will need to log into the registration system with your details (received via email after successfully registering), and invite your desired room-mate to share using the "Send room share invitation" link. Your room mate will receive the invitation by email and once they have accepted it you will be confirmed as sharing a room.  This option is only available after both of you have paid in full.

As per the above, if you opt to stay in a twin room and wish to share with 2 or 3 other people, you and all your intended room mates will need to contact our registration team. Unfortunately we are unable to offer a price reduction for three or four people in a twin room due to pricing constraints of our contract with the hotel - each person will need to pay for a space in a standard twin room.

We apologise for any confusion that this may have caused, however, we strive to offer the options that allow the best level of flexibility in keeping with demand.

We would like to thank you for you continued support of ConFuzzled and look forward to seeing you all at the Barceló Hinckley Island hotel in 2012!
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: An Update on Registration and Hotel Capacity.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 22:27:16 »
At what point will the suites be made availiable for hire and how many people will be required to secure one? Would it be possible to explain the options for them in more detail now or will it be all taken care of closer to the time?
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 22:37:31 »
At what point will the suites be made availiable for hire and how many people will be required to secure one? Would it be possible to explain the options for them in more detail now or will it be all taken care of closer to the time?

This was discussed tonight in a meeting and is going to be worked on in the coming weeks.  They will be available this side of Christmas, but the process of how the rooms are booked out needs to be agreed with the hotel, which is on my agenda for an up and coming meeting with them.

Soon my pretties, soon! :D

Cheers,

Rizzorat
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Narric

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 23:20:41 »
One question me and a friend want answered, is when is the cut off date for apply for registration for the 2012 ConFuzzled?
This is not a Sig...... wait ¬_¬ .....

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:35:26 »
An exact cut off date isnt an easy thing to state as it mostly depends on demand, of course if suddenly there was a huge demand its possible we would sell all the rooms and a waiting list would have to be started. However a realistic cut off date is needed as we have to finalise things like printing badges etc this is usually set by the hotels requirements of the guest lists which at this time isnt set in stone.

Short answer the date isnt set yet but its a good way off!
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Narric

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49:49 »
Thanks for the info. :)

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 17:07:07 »
An exact cut off date isnt an easy thing to state as it mostly depends on demand, of course if suddenly there was a huge demand its possible we would sell all the rooms and a waiting list would have to be started. However a realistic cut off date is needed as we have to finalise things like printing badges etc this is usually set by the hotels requirements of the guest lists which at this time isnt set in stone.

Short answer the date isnt set yet but its a good way off!

The reg team will decide a final cut of date, but it needs to co-incide with my requirements to submit data to the hotel, which is the end f April.  Therefore, reaslitically, its fair to acknowleged that beyond that sort of time, we wouldnt accept any more registrations.  However, best bet is to email the reg team:  registration@confuzzled.org.uk

I dont think you have anything to worry about just yet - still plenty of space, and plenty of time.  Get your friends to sign up! :)

Regards,

Rizzorat
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 20:08:36 by Matt the Lion »
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Narric

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 22:33:49 »
Thanks ^_^

for my own keeping track of things, I'll assume the cut off date is Feb/March. That'll allow me some time to figure out if I'll be able to get there, buts thats probably for another thread.