Author Topic: Fursuit badges  (Read 5490 times)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Fursuit badges
« on: September 19, 2011, 19:47:20 »
I've got a quick question for you, is there any chance of providing fursuit badges for attendees this year similar to the way EF did? They had the option for one fursuit badge inclusive in the price or you could pay extra for more badges for those who bring more then one fursuit.

It would be good as some suits are different from the person wearing them and is a nice way of showing where the suits have been.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: Fursuit badges
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 21:30:59 »
Hi SFW,

this is something I have personally requested in the past, and will do so again this year as part of my role in the fursuit track, however, there is actually 2 valid point why in the past it hasnt been given as an option. 

The first reason to not include it in the price is because it still has an implemented cost to it.  Whilst the badges themselves are cheap to purhcase, the cost of printing them free of charge does ramp up, and although in the overall scheme of things its a drop in the ocean, the money is usually allocated to department budgets instead as they are seen more as priority.

The other reason they have not previously been picked up on is because it demonstrates that fursuiters get something extra over other attendees i.e. they get a free badge just because they have a fursuit.  This is not much of a non issue with EF, which is again why I want to continue to push for the badges myself, but can appreciate why it has not been done in the past.

The option of having a charge for service to supply the badges is of course one idea we can adopt, and would need to be implemented as a seperate entity from the reg system, again similiar to how EF did it this year.

Its a good question, one that has been considered and hopefully can/will be adopted this year.  If it does become an option, then we will no doubt make an announcement on the forums/twitter/LJ communities :)

Cheers as always,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 21:51:11 »
Indeed I certainly wouldn't object to paying for a badge to be printed up as extra. The point of inclusion for the cost is certainly valid, I've known previous at other events the reason of being able to afford to pay the extra can be a point of contention. However at what would probably be less then the cost of a drink, it's not that great a thing to ask of people to part with.

Offline Pan

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 01:01:44 »
I agree that i would be happy to pay a little extra to get a fursuit badge made up.
Change for change sake is no change at all.
Simple things escape simple minds.

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 00:06:37 »
Yes, I would definitely like a fursuit badge made up and don't mind paying for it.

Do we need to supply any artwork for the badge?

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 15:47:58 »
For your normal badge it's the picture uploaded in the registration system. The fursuit badges was an idea I thought would be nice to have, as Rizzo said it's under consideration.