Author Topic: Guess I should introduce myself  (Read 3124 times)

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Guess I should introduce myself
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:14:02 »
Hi, I'm Lamar. And despite living in the UK all my life, I'm probably more well known in the US fandom than the UK one for various reasons...

I'm a submissions editor on the Belfry Web Comics Index, and last Confuzzled I filled in at The Gneech's panel on webcomics for the first fifteen minutes. (You'll also be able to see some of my colouring/digital restoration work on The Gneech's upcoming 'Suburban Jungle' print collections!) I'll likely run a webcomic panel again, if I can find some active creators who'll be willing to be panelists for it.

I've also been to, and volunteered at, other fandom conventions at the Hinckley Island Hotel before. I don't gopher or staff at cons anymore due to needing a walking stick to get around, but am happy helping out with anything I can do while sitting down! (CFS, bleh)

The fastest I have ever broken my "I am not volunteering at this convention" promise was at the 2005 Worldcon. While wandering the convention center an hour before registration started, I sat down on a chair.

They built an information desk around me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 16:02:36 by bariki »

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Guess I should introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 16:15:44 »
Welcome aboard to the forums here then :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
Re: Guess I should introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 20:03:48 »
I know what you mean.  My very first A-kon I wound up a door stop for security.  Now here I am 12 years later I'm still in security... taco'd into zone leading for the last few years.  Didn't go this last year because I was on assignment in Kyrgyzstan, but I can't go to that kon without working it.  I don't think they'd even SELL me a normal badge.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.