Author Topic: Events Ideas  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
Events Ideas
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:53:11 »
Update 01/04/2012 - We're now closed for new event submissions for the 2012 convention that will be published in the conbook.  You may still be able to host an event but it likely won't be in our conbook or printed timetable, but can be published in our online timetable at http://events.confuzzled.org.uk/2012/ or advertised on the Convention Noticeboard outside the Convention Operations office.  If you have already emailed your suggestion to events@confuzzled.org.uk then we should be able to include it in the conbook.

Original Post:

We are always interested in new event ideas, and with the new venue this year we should be able to run even more events than before.

If you've an idea for an event you'd like to run, or you'd like to see run, please continue to post them in this area of the forum. It is probably best to separate each idea out into a different topic (thread) and set the subject to the name of the new event.  This way others can add their thoughts too.

Obviously include a description of your event.  It would be really helpful if you could indicate if you want to be involved in running it; perhaps you've got expertise in the subject.  If it is something you'd like to participate in, perhaps suggest people who might be good people to run the event.

Currently we are in the process of setting up the timetable system, and working out where and when the big stage events fit.  Once that is done we will begin looking at the ideas here, things that people have mailing into the events team, the new ideas staff have come up with, events from previous years, and so on.

Please don't be discouraged by the lack of immediate feedback - every idea will be considered!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 15:16:07 by Matt the Lion »
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Events Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 17:04:51 »
*in best Wallace and Grommit voice* Everything's under control. :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Gen-Ichi

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 01:14:26 »
Are there any plans in place for a dance competition this year? Maybe, since last year wasn't so full, there could be a possible extension of time (like 2 minutes) for duo's and groups to allow for better flexibility?
I'm sure Zak and Kiyo as well as last year's dancers would be up for it, I know I would be! =D

Offline Swolf

• Track Lead - Dances
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 14:32:39 »
hI I can confirm there are plans in the works to hold another dance competition this year, details are being finalised so watch this space.

Offline Gen-Ichi

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 18:46:00 »
woot! =D I'll get started on the practising then XD need a lot of work to even come close to the likes of the LF kitties X3

Offline raereira

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 05:52:08 »
is there goin to be a panel for fursuit construction ?

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 13:22:30 »
is there goin to be a panel for fursuit construction ?

There will be yes
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline mut

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 20:54:11 »
Hello,

Just wanted to put this on the record: space for board/card/role-playing games is really appreciated. It's not exactly an event (well, except maybe pre-planned RPGs) but having a room with a few tables and chairs that people can occupy for the duration makes things much simpler, and if the location can be advertised in the conbook so much the better. This worked pretty well in the previous couple of cons -- the only snag I can think of is that the assigned space was very close to the dance floor and got pretty noisy at times.

(If I get organized I may run an RPG, but I daren't commit right now...)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 22:22:34 »
Just wanted to put this on the record: space for board/card/role-playing games is really appreciated. It's not exactly an event (well, except maybe pre-planned RPGs) but having a room with a few tables and chairs that people can occupy for the duration makes things much simpler, and if the location can be advertised in the conbook so much the better. This worked pretty well in the previous couple of cons -- the only snag I can think of is that the assigned space was very close to the dance floor and got pretty noisy at times.

(If I get organized I may run an RPG, but I daren't commit right now...)

Hi there,

We've got this one in hand, we're just deciding which is the best space to allocate to this. This should be done in enough time to appear in the conbook.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline mut

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 00:03:06 »
Just wanted to put this on the record: space for board/card/role-playing games is really appreciated [...]

Hi there,

We've got this one in hand, we're just deciding which is the best space to allocate to this. This should be done in enough time to appear in the conbook.

Cool -- thank you!

Offline Danza

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA Page
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 21:28:58 »
Looking forward to hosting the Drawing Dragons event <3

Is there a thread/post I should look over regarding anything specific I need to bare in mind when planning my presentation/talk ? :3

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 21:46:05 by Danza »

Offline GallenWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Fursuit Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 20:14:18 »
Ping! I sent in an email to events@confuzzled.org.uk about a proposed event about month ago, I'm wondering if that email got through? I just forwarded it across again.

Cheers!

Offline Res

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 21:28:40 »
Hey there Gallen,

Sorry, we appear to have missed the email, but i shall action the event right away and you should receive an email from myself shortly.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 17:32:04 »
I might also need a bit of a ping about the creativity event and the other ones posted on the forum here :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline GallenWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Fursuit Photography
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 21:28:05 »
@Res: Thanks! Looking forward to receiving your email :)