Author Topic: policy question?  (Read 10634 times)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: policy question?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 16:13:35 »
Not at CF, but the rapid burst modes on cameras have been known to be similar to strobes due to the time they are on for. Although generally photographers are sensible about keeping the bursts short.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 19:47:54 »
There is no realistic way we can limit people use of flashes in public areas anyway unfortuantly. Most people wont use flash and Im guessing most that do only do because their compact demands it! So I think the chances are low of it being a problem.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 22:48:43 »
From a medical perspective, while it is theoretically possible for a camera flash to trigger a photosensitive event, it is highly unlikely to actually occur in practise due to the fact that most camera flashes cannot flash rapidly enough to be a trigger.  A large number of cameras all triggering in quick succession could do it, but we don't get the numbers of people using flash photography for that to be an issue.

TL;DR version - don't worry about it :)
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 15:00:49 »
Slightly related to topic, we've found at the garage the things that set off things more are the new LED emergency vehicle flashers at close range and the flourescent tubes flickering.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 03:57:01 »
The one event that would have any real use of flash photography is the fursuit photoshoot, and this will be hosted in a secluded room.  Unlesss you choose to venture in, this should not be a problem, although you should bare in mind that guests in general will be taking photos, in particular, during the fursuit parade.

Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King