Author Topic: Old-School Photoshoot  (Read 16393 times)

Offline neweinstein

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
Old-School Photoshoot
« on: December 09, 2011, 19:14:42 »
Hmmm, I don't really know if this would count as an event as I would prefer not to have a certain timeslot but doing this all around the Con.

I am a passionate photographer and still use an old medium format camera with black&white film on a regular basis. I would like to bring this equipment to Confuzzled and try to get some more old school style portrait shots of fursuiters (and anyone else who is interested). What do I mean with old school ... well, a head or bust shot with blurred out background and monochrom

I do not really have examples but with some imagination these photos will help (imagination because these are of real animals and in color):
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6986787/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6269991/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6243877/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6105712/

would that be intersting for the attending suiters? I would publish these images in the internet (small versions) and every "object" will get a high resolution digital file (scanned) as far as I get the contact data.

I think this style would be different enough to the con-organized photoshoot and I also think I will not take too many images as it would become quite expensive due to costs for films and chemicals ...

What do you think?

neweinstein
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Old-School Photoshoot
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 21:43:04 »
I'd love to have a real media image done, there's somthing that black and white traditional photos have that digital just can't match.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 09:25:12 »
@SFW: As you said in my introduction thread, there is an official photoshoot. I do not want to set up any competition or rivalry to that event. So I try to do something different. I will anyway just walk around with my stuff and ask some suiter if they want to participate.

I think it would not be worth to be announced as an official event (please tell me if you think different) but I still want to know the organizers what I am doing there ...

neweinstein
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 09:48:16 »
If you dont really want it down as a official event another option would be to ask our events team if you could have a little bit of public space given over to you for a few hours one day. Allowing people to filter through and do it as and when they like. Makes it a little less formal if that helps.

Theres plenty of options for you really just depends how much or little you want to make of it.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 22:32:13 »
From my perspective, knowing there's a session on at a certain time I could just drop into would work well. Random catching might not fit in with your plans and I might be busy when you're free. Having times makes it easier to plan around. Plus if there's a queue I don't mind waiting for a free time for a few photos :)

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 13:47:01 »
If you dont really want it down as a official event another option would be to ask our events team if you could have a little bit of public space given over to you for a few hours one day. Allowing people to filter through and do it as and when they like. Makes it a little less formal if that helps.

Theres plenty of options for you really just depends how much or little you want to make of it.

Hmmm, I dont really know how much i want to do ... that depends a lot on the fact if there would be interest in such a thing. I have never been to a con so I can't estimate how the suiters would react...

If there are some people telling me "good idea, I would come there" I would be willing to make it more official. I would need a place where there is some good natural light ... maybe it could just be announced that there will be the possibilities of such old-school photo in the rotunda (or any other place you see fit - I don't know the location) in a certain timeslot...

What would you think?

neweinstein

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 16:14:49 »
I'd certainly be interested, it might be worth linking this idea over to the UKFur forums and see if people are interested in it that are attending. I don't know what the lighting is like in the rooms, but I'm sure a space could be found if you needed it. If there is a room that has good lighting you're going to want to ask early to ensure that lots of other events don't take up the space.

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 16:26:00 »
I think you've a number of options, depending on what you want to do and how you want to work:

• Go for an official event, listed in the con book.  I think the biggest problem here is that you won't have that much control as to who turns up as a subject.  There could be many, or few.
  • We arrange an unpublished room and time con-book where you can set up and take pics of people you've invited.  The event rooms aren't that good for natural light though.  The official shoot relies on flash.
  • Arrange with our official photographer for a slot where you can use the backdrops and flash for the official shoot.
  • Take photos in the public areas or outside.

Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 20:30:45 »
...depending on what you want to do ...

if I knew that ... if I knew that ........  ???

Well ..  anyway have to wait who will show up. I dont know very many people in the community so it would be difficult to invite.

Maybe there could be an announcement for such a photoshoot with place (and time) to be announced at the Con (by a note on the board or so). That would leave the opportunity to look for a spot (probably in the public area) which has enough light or even to go out if the weather is good enough.

neweinstein

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 00:31:42 »
im up for that!
Mew =^_^=.

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 19:42:48 »
Thanks for all the comments ... I think i will not announce it as an official event ... but I will be around with my camera so if you are interested we can meet during the Con and take some photos.

I have never done that before so this will be a first try ... if the photos turn out well and everything runs fine I will maybe offer it as an official event the next time

So if you are intersted just contact me somehow (during the con is enough) and we can see how to do it the best way ...

neweistein

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 03:51:46 »
If you wish to keep your time to yourself and enjoy this on a more casual basis, I would suggest not, as you have proposed, having it as an official event.  Fursuiters love having their photos taken and the demand would be high, so you would quickly find all your time being absorbed into running it.  That being said, if you did run it as an official event, it would go down very well!

Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Tarangryph

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 22:49:36 »
I really love monochrome photography, but I've never had a b/w photo done before, in 'suit or out. So I would love to have a photo taken by you, if you're interested? Time and place to be decided by you, of course. :)

I own two fursuits by Qarrezel and will be bringing them both to Confuzzled this year:

Ngala

and

Breynz

If either (or both) of my 'suits catch your interest, I'd love to sit for a portrait shot! :) And I will be looking forward to seeing the efforts of your endeavours in any case.

~Taran.

Breynz & Ngala - See my fursuits here.

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 15:12:27 »
Hello Taran,

really tempting. Ngala is a wonderful suit. I am not the zombie-guy but I think Breynz could make some intersting photos too - especially if we add some dramatic lighting. One reason more to bring the flash.

Maybe we can just meet somewhere at CF during the beginning and look around for the time and a good location. I will try to contact you on FA before CF so we can arrange it.

Of course everyone else intersted is also welcome to contact me either here in the forum or over at FA (see my signature below).

neweinstein

Offline lamar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 19:50:41 »
I own two fursuits by Qarrezel and will be bringing them both to Confuzzled this year:

Ngala

Will be nice to see you again! Having helped Taran around MCM last October, I can tell you this suit is even better than the photo makes it look... We couldn't walk ten meters on the convention centre floor without stopping for a "Can I take a photo?".