Author Topic: art types and framing  (Read 7156 times)

Offline neweinstein

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
art types and framing
« on: December 10, 2011, 18:17:55 »
I am not used to procedures as this is my first Con so please excuse if these questions are maybe already answered somewhere...

I would like to bring some stuff next year to put it into the art show (and possibly auction).

- Are there limitations which kind of artwork you accept - I would like to bring some of my photographical work (as fine art prints) - would that be OK? I do not want to spend all the money and carry that stuff around to be send away at the site ....

- Do you have rules how the work has to be presented? On other Con webpages I have seen that some accept only framed art. But for me - as I am coming by plane - it would be difficult to transport frames with glas - so I would prefer to bring the images just in passepartouts with some backing. These are easier and safer for transport but still stabilize the print enough to be hanged on a wall.

Thanks

neweinstein
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: art types and framing
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 22:33:28 »
I've put things into the art auction that aren't in frames, I don't think there's any official requirement. Cosmo will hopefully be along shortly to confirm though.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 22:55:57 »
At the moment the art show is only used for items that are submitted to the auction.

We allow any item to be submitted, provided it is allowed by the auction rules.

We do not require item to be framed, but prefer them to have some sort of protective covering to protect them from fingerprints etc.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you'd like any more information :)

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:22:24 »
Auction is no problem ... I would prefer if some pieces are sold ...

The rules are OK, my work will fit in there, no problem ...

What would you suggest to be used as a covering. So far I have no idea how to do that. If I bring my stuff just in passepeartouts the images will be open. But the art show is an exhibition, isn't it? Normally people should not touch objects in an exhibition anyhow (which is of course different for the dealers den).

One more question: If I bring my images to you when the show is being set up ... I just give you the information about my minimum price and the percentage that should go for charity, right? Or do I have to bring kind of "pricetags"?

Anyway ... I will be at the Con starting from thursday and I also opted for volunteering ... so if you maybe need help to set up the show I can maybe even help a bit ...

neweinstein
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 15:44:46 »
There are submission slips where you can put down all the information and also set a percentage to charity if you wish to. Yey for volunteering too, it's a good way to meet people at the convention.

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 15:58:59 »
Yey for volunteering too, it's a good way to meet people at the convention.

That is one of the reasons why I did it ... I am still quite new in the scene and would like to meet some people ... and that seemed a good possibility to do so and maybe give a good impression :-)

neweinstein

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 16:32:47 »
On the registration form? You should get an email then closer to the convention about the interest in volunteering. AJust remember to have a run around and fun now and then, no sense working all the time for nothing. No comments please Washu on that one :P

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 16:35:30 »
I will maybe try to focus the work on setting up stuff the day before and helping with the tear down. The I still have my photo project ... and the rest is "just for fun" :-)

neweinstein

Offline Tsanawo

• Theming Department
  • CFz Staff
  • Master of shinies
    • View Profile
    • DutchPaw.nl
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 19:07:15 »
Normally people should not touch objects in an exhibition anyhow (which is of course different for the dealers den).
While this is true, you'll find it still happens. Now I don't say it does or doesn't happen on ConFuzzled, but seeing the possibility it might happen protecting the art is a sane idea.

Anyway ... I will be at the Con starting from thursday and I also opted for volunteering ... so if you maybe need help to set up the show I can maybe even help a bit ...
Once you've arrived on the con and got registered you can check at Con-Ops to see if help is wanted and where. :)
"Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to."

Offline neweinstein

• View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 19:49:01 »
While this is true, you'll find it still happens. Now I don't say it does or doesn't happen on ConFuzzled, but seeing the possibility it might happen protecting the art is a sane idea.

Then I will maybe try to find some cover ... I just think that these sleeves offered for protection disturb the view quite a bit ...

Once you've arrived on the con and got registered you can check at Con-Ops to see if help is wanted and where. :)

I have also ticked the box "volunteering" during the online registration. Let's see what happens.

neweinstein