Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 7307 times)

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
Howdy
« on: January 04, 2012, 17:29:46 »
Cebelius here.

Decided I desperately needed a vacation from the desert and Confuzzled seemed like a good idea at the time.  Ignore the fact that I desperately need a vacation NOW and am planning for one in what is it... May?... end of May.  My job's just like that.  I've passed through England a few times on my way from asia to the states and back and wasn't terribly impressed with the airport terminal busing system, but I've been assured that there's more to the British Isles than a crowded, smelly multi-culty busing experience and a vaguely musty smelling airport.  After all, the place from whence David Mitchell, the Hitchens brothers, Stephen Fry, and stout come must have SOMETHING going for it, right?

We shall see.

In no particular order you may (but probably don't) know me from:
http://furaffinity.net/user/cebelius/ (writer, commissioner, photo and character reference can be found here for the curiously curious)
http://beyondtheveilcomic.com/ (writer)
http://www.teamplayergaming.com/vtrx-public-discussion/  (I founded Clan Victrix and am still a member even though right now I'm out near the real war instead of the much more enjoyable fake ones I'd rather be involved in on server)  I am or was, since I don't play it anymore, one of the best 2142 Battlewalker pilots in the world with a top 50 ranking.  Considering anything much higher and we're talking shared accounts run from S. Korea... yeah, I was that good.  /bragging

I am a gamer and have been at times heavily involved in both Eve and World of Warcraft PvP.  If there's no one on the flip-side of the screen cussing because you killed him/her, then what's the point of playing online?  I am not now involved in ANY online gaming due to my location.  Instead I've wiled away the hours playing Skyrim, which is far too addictive for my health.  I've just recently gone back to replay Dragon Age because I picked up the sequel, went through the opening sequence and realized I didn't know what the hell was going on.  Figured I'd go ahead and refresh myself with the universe.

I'm one of something like 15 Americans and counting that'll be attending con, so this'll be an interesting experience for me.  I've always just flown through Europe and England, never stopped.  Figured I'd remedy that.  I will probably arrive in the week before the con and do some sight-seeing so if anyone has any suggestions or would like to offer a neat/clean/well-mannered man with no special needs, allergies, sand fleas, cottage cheese (just kidding I'll stop rhyming now.) BO, lice, ticks, children, parents or other sundry annoying hanger's-on a couch or space of floor for the night in return for dinner or a few beers do let me know.

Right now I have no idea what I'll be doing in that preceding week; at the moment I'm just trolling tourist sites looking for ideas.

Pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to seeing what a con outside the states is like.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Did someone say furfag~
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 17:37:44 »
Welcome to the forums! :D

There's plenty to do in the midlands, if you're willing to travel, there's plenty of places you could get to, london's only an hour or two away by train, as are parts of Wales and the south west, places such as Bristol and Bath.

Look forward to seeing you at CF! :)

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 18:18:23 »
Welcome to the forums! :D

There's plenty to do in the midlands, if you're willing to travel, there's plenty of places you could get to, london's only an hour or two away by train, as are parts of Wales and the south west, places such as Bristol and Bath.

Look forward to seeing you at CF! :)

So would it be better to just do everything by train or rent a vehicle?  Do you happen to know if the rental agencies have motorcycles?  Having a little bit of trouble getting straight answers from the tourist board.

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Did someone say furfag~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 18:38:04 »
I'm not sure about the differences in cost, I suspect renting a car might be cheaper if you want to do a lot of travelling, it'll also be more expedient, you must be able to rent a motorcycle from somewhere, although I'm not too where you'd go for that...

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 18:40:34 »
I'm not sure about the differences in cost, I suspect renting a car might be cheaper if you want to do a lot of travelling, it'll also be more expedient, you must be able to rent a motorcycle from somewhere, although I'm not too where you'd go for that...

Yah... will keep looking.  It's not as though I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for time.  Hell I can't even buy tickets until I know where I'll be flying from. :P  Still I tend to travel light and with just a backpack for the week, I figure a motorcycle is probably expedient and the weather should be pleasant... shouldn't it?  I dunno, does it typically pour down rain at the end of May?

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 23:57:08 »
Hi Cebelius, welcome to our forum. Hope you have a lot of fun at the con. As far as bike hire goes I hope this helps you find something that meets your needs.

Best regards

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 00:38:53 »
Hi Cebelius, welcome to our forum. Hope you have a lot of fun at the con. As far as bike hire goes I hope this helps you find something that meets your needs.

Best regards

You make me question my sanity. I ran the search for "Great Britain Motorcycle rental" and got a completely different listing of thoroughly useless information.  I suppose it's all in how you phrase it.

Offline Pan

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 00:52:08 »
This site might help you find what your looking for http://www.westsussexmotorcyclehire.co.uk/our-bikes.asp
Change for change sake is no change at all.
Simple things escape simple minds.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 01:00:40 »
This site might help you find what your looking for http://www.westsussexmotorcyclehire.co.uk/our-bikes.asp

After following the links provided by two most excellent and helpful individuals I have come to the conclusion that whatever I wind up with will have four wheels... part of the desire for a motorcycle was saving a bit of cash on gas and feeling the wind in my hair.  The saving money bit, for those of you who've looked, is obviously a laughable objective, and for the price of the deposit never mind the daily or even weekly rental charge... If I want the wind in my hair I'll roll down the window of the compact I wind up with and stick my head out.  Works for dogs; it'll work for me.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 17:43:58 »
Hi di hi there and welcome aboard to the mad corner of the internet.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 20:20:31 »
Hi di hi there and welcome aboard to the mad corner of the internet.

Donkey shorts. :)

*hides his shiny things*

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 18:44:36 »
Donky shorts are not shiny, electrical things and noise making things are shiny.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 19:41:23 »
As a webcomic creator, can I interest you in the "Webcomics Kaffee Klatch" event I'm putting together? (I'm a subs editor on the Belfry Index)

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 21:10:11 »
Sure I'll stop by, though I'm not much a one for giving advice.  I don't run what I'd call a successful webcomic (yet)  I'm just getting it started... though I've had fantastic good fortune in the artists I've been able to hire for the project.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 17:20:20 »
Back again for the second year.  Last year was just too good not to return.  Figured I'd just keep up the old Howdy, nothing much has changed and I'm not fond of repeating myself.  See you there.