Author Topic: ConFuzzled 2012 Events Schedule - Sneak Preview!  (Read 8136 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
ConFuzzled 2012 Events Schedule - Sneak Preview!
« on: February 20, 2012, 19:29:34 »
The ConFuzzled events team are pleased to release a sneak preview of our keynote evening events for 2012, which can be found at http://events.confuzzled.org.uk/2012/. Please note however this schedule is subject to change at any time as events planning will continue in the run up to the convention. Keep checking back over the next couple of months to see what's new or changed.

If you'd like an idea of what the final timetable might look like, you can check out our 2011 timetable here: http://events.confuzzled.org.uk/2011/. If you attended the convention in 2011 then you can also leave us feedback for individual events from here.

Should you have any queries or suggestions for the timetable, please send these to the events team at events@confuzzled.org.uk
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Re: ConFuzzled 2012 Events Schedule - Sneak Preview!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 22:51:55 »
Might be a really good idea to post a big obvious notice on the front page of the website, on LJ and a sticky on the forums that if you want an event to happen, now is the time to volunteer to run it and ask for a room and time or it won't happen. The current schedule looks a little heavy on people volunteering to be DJs, and very light on people volunteering to run events. I think part of that is I wouldn't have known you want people to mail a specific address to get a room and time allocated had I not had a reply to my brony-meet thread, because most people have just been posting in the forums about events they'd like to do.

Please put something up in the various public places making a last call for event volunteers, and making it clear how to get an event at CFZ.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 23:01:46 by lamar »

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 23:04:25 »
Hi Lamar,

There are currently about 60 events which are in our internal planning system which do not appear on the schedule yet as we haven't timetabled them yet, hence the caveat stated that the schedule is subject to change and additions. The idea of this release was to allow people to see when the main evening events were being held for the Party Suite bookings which open later this month.

The convention staff and events team collate information from forum threads and then contact people directly or direct people to contact the events email address. We have also had plenty of direct contacts to the events team. I can assure you that there will be no shortage of events in the final schedule.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline lamar

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 23:09:17 »
Fair enough. A last call for event volunteers (and a e-mail out to all current ones so we know what's going on) might still be a good idea before you finalise the schedule.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 18:19:40 »
Sometimes events do develop at the con itself and don't fit into the timetable, like the MLP event from last year. Looking at the notice boards each day several times is a good thing to do
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 20:31:56 »
Fair enough. A last call for event volunteers (and a e-mail out to all current ones so we know what's going on) might still be a good idea before you finalise the schedule.
Yep, we've done that the last few years and nothing suggests that'd be any different this year.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 21:34:26 »
Me, me, me! I know! Oooh, oooh I know pick me! Have to love a Shrek quote :D
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 23:30:05 »
Is the 2PM for the opening ceremony correct? Seems a bit early compared to the last 2 years. Want to know anyway so I can plan to get there in plenty of time.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 00:07:37 »
HI James,

the opening ceremony is likely to remain at its current designated spot.  The main reason being is that we are trying to squeeze more in this year without the addition of another day.  ALso, we have several things planned for immediately after the opening ceremony that I cannot devulge right now, but also dictate that we have it a little earlier this year.

Hope this info helps.

Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 20:34:03 »
Is the 2PM for the opening ceremony correct? Seems a bit early compared to the last 2 years. Want to know anyway so I can plan to get there in plenty of time.

We also have Registration open from the morning of the Friday rather than the afternoon this year so indeed, much earlier start this year to make sure we can get even Registered in time to enjoy the first events!
Nidonocu C:\>