Author Topic: Anyone want a lift? (North London, Early Arrival/Late Departure)  (Read 3547 times)

SouthPaw

Morning all,

Having managed to locate a company that doesn't require you to have held a full licence for a year before they'll let you rent a car from them (Thanks Enterprise. Thenterprise), I'm now in a position to offer folks a lift up to the con.

The car in question will be a Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra or similar, and I reckon I can take two passengers comfortably, three at a push (depending on how tall you are, given whoever ends up behind me probably won't have much legroom as I'm 6'3 or thereabouts).

I've got Early Arrival and Late Departure booked, and I'm aiming to arrive at the Hotel at around 2pm on the 24th, so will probably be leaving home at around 11:30am to allow for traffic and rest stops.

My intended route is going to be from North East London via Southgate, Cockfosters, Potters Bar, South Mimms and St Albans to pick up the A5 all the way to the con, given Motorways bore me to tears.

Anywho, if you'd care to join me, feel free to reply to this wee post, message me on here, IM me on AIM, MSN or Yahoo, e-mail me or drop me a SMS at the usual number.

A contribution towards petrol costs would be appreciated, and absolutely NO SMOKING will be permitted in the car as it's a hire vehicle.

Cheers,

Southie

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want a lift? (North London, Early Arrival/Late Departure)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 15:40:00 »
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY if you can, can you travel near RAF Lakenheath and pick me up? it'd be greatly appreciative of you if you could :D please
~Next time you see me, say peace, and I'll respect ya.

SouthPaw

Re: Anyone want a lift? (North London, Early Arrival/Late Departure)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 23:14:42 »
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY if you can, can you travel near RAF Lakenheath and pick me up? it'd be greatly appreciative of you if you could :D please

Just one problem...Lakenheath is about 80 miles in the wrong direction from the con for me, so would practically double the distance I have to drive to get there!