Author Topic: Payment Confirmation  (Read 5950 times)

Offline zeminor

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Payment Confirmation
« on: March 24, 2012, 00:57:58 »
Hi,

I know that registration is closing soon, but I'm having some trouble.

I paid £225 into the bank account requested on the 13th of this month, which is 10 days ago now. I've recieved no confirmation that the funds have been recieved at all. Admittedly, it was paid into an automatic HSBC cash paying in machine so there was no opportunity to leave any information with the payment, but I have emailed registration twice now with all of the details available on my transaction recipt. I would have preffered to pay in over a counter face-to-face with an employee, but they don't exist in my local branch. It's all automated machines.

I still want to pay for my other half's ticket too (I want to room share with him as our 4 year anniversary falls on the convention weekend) but I am not parting with any more cash until somebody somewhere lets me know what has happened to that £225.

I appreciate that this isn't any specific person's fault, but I have emailed at least twice without any replies at all, and I'm starting to get pretty unhappy. I'll be really annoyed if I end up not being able to get my partner to come too. To be honest, I live in Coventry and could have commuted for the con but I thought it might make a cool mini holiday, now I'm starting to regret it.

I just want to know that somebody might be aware that I've tried to pay and might be looking for it.

Thanks, Zeminor

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
Re: Payment Confirmation
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 09:06:23 »
Hi,

The problem with paying in machines is exactly what you've identified - there's no way of putting a reference in. We keep a list of unmatched payments and I see one that could be yours.
Where have you been emailing? I can't seem to find any records of your nick or your email in the helpdesk ticketing system. Are you emailing registration@confuzzled.org.uk ? I'd like to find out where the issue lies to fix this. Did you receive an automated reply from the system saying that our staff will get to it shortly? If not, then your emails didn't reach us for some reason...

In summary though... we can communicate on here or if you want to, via private message on the forum, until we can get the email issue sorted. We do need to get the payment details confirmed via email though so we have a record in one place of the issues. As I said, there's a payment that looks like it might be yours but I need to ask a few more questions about it to confirm.

Kind regards,

-Tungro

Offline zeminor

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:48:01 »
To: registration <registration@confuzzled.org.uk>
Sent: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:58
Subject: PAYMENT MADE

To: registration <registration@confuzzled.org.uk>
Sent: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:29
Subject: PAYMENT MADE A WEEK AGO - PLEASE VERIFY

Those are the times/dates of the messages I sent, but I didn't receive any automated replies or failure to deliver notifications. I wonder where they went!

I'll PM you the details the paying-in machine gave me, see if that correlates.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:51:16 »
Hi Zeminior,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the convention for the inconvenience with these emails not being received.

I have checked the system logs for our helpdesk ticketing system which picks up all the emails sent to registration@confuzzled.org.uk and sends an automatic acknowledgement in reply, and it would appear that your emails never arrived in our email account, which is hosted by Google. Unfortunately there is no way to see why it wasn't delivered into our email account. 

Given you didn't receive a failure notification when they weren't delivered, the only thing I can think of is that the Google spamfilter ate your emails - Tungro could you please have a look into that?

I would recommend that Private Messages on the forum are the best way to communicate for the time being.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline zeminor

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 14:21:58 »
No dramas ^_^

I've pm'd Tungro with the date/time/location info of my deposit.

Tungro; If I complete the registration for my partner and pay in at the same automated paying in machine, would it be ok if I sent you a pm on here on the same day to confirm who/what badge number the payment belongs to?

Sorry for throwing spanners in the works,

Zeminor

Offline zeminor

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 00:02:08 »
Ok, my private message box says empty, I sent two pm's (or tried to) to tungro. Have I missed a forum account validation email or does it just not show them?

SouthPaw

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:09:14 »
Ok, my private message box says empty, I sent two pm's (or tried to) to tungro. Have I missed a forum account validation email or does it just not show them?

The PM system only saves a copy (in your Outbox) if you specifically request it to do so.

Offline Tungro

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:40 »
Just to let you know... Southpaw is right with what he said, and I had received the PMs. I've now dealt with this, so you're all set :)

Offline zeminor

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 23:11:18 »
Awesome! It's all verified on my dashboard now, I'll get my partner sorted out pronto too.

Thanks guys, sorry for throwing spanners at you!

Offline Tungro

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 13:14:37 »
No problem, glad we could help!  ;D

Offline zeminor

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 13:39:41 »
Both me and my partner are confirmed as paid up and our room share is sorted.

Thanks guys, see you all at the convention :)