Author Topic: A sensitive question  (Read 7413 times)

Offline Gem

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA account
A sensitive question
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:17:31 »
This may or may not be an issue but I wanted to ask here just to put my mind at rest..or not, but my fursona is a baby and as a result is never really seen without her dummy.  now im having a fursuit head being made and theres a strong possibility that it'll be ready for the con  (if its not then disregard this whole question because i wouldnt do this if i wasnt fursuiting as her) but is it okay to have a pacifer around the con?  Will that make people upset or uncomfortable?  I personally cant see the problem (but then obviously im biased because its my fursona) but I keep hearing that babyfurs are really hated and despised and suchlike (Ive only come across one hater in my whole 2 years of being on FA and the UKfur forum,  but maybe its because im female and not really what people think the stereotypical babyfur is like and maybe thats because i've kept my head down and not really done anything like walk around a con with a pacifier around my neck before.)

It would feel weird to fursuit as Gem and not have the pacifier because its a large chunk of who my fursona is, but equally if its an issue for a large majority of the con goers I wouldnt want anyone elses enjoyment to be upset because of me.
I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but i can still poke your eyes out.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: A sensitive question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:21 »
Hi Gem,

Using, or having on your person a pacifer that you use as part of your character/props, is not against the policies of the convention, so it is entirely down to personal choice if you wish to use one. 

From the conventions perspective, this is causing no one any harm, and we fully appreciate many aspects of the fandom/community, accepting whole heartedly that there is a strong babyfur following.

Whilst not everyone is accepting of babyfurs, we will not tolerate bullying at the convention, and if you feel that you are in any way being unfairly targeted, please ensure to report the issue to a member of staff so that we can investigate the issue.

Otherwise, in short, please feel free to have your pacifer and enjoy the convention.

Kind Regards,

Rizzorat
------------
Venue Liaison &
Head of Fursuit Relations
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Gem

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA account
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 13:35:29 »
Thankyoo heaps for answering my question and putting my mind at ease *hugs*

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:04:35 »
ive never seen a baby fur before...... perhaps cos im new to the fur fandom??
Are they realy hated n stuff?  i think its REALY cute.
Mew =^_^=.

Offline raereira

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29:50 »
do what u want it be proud of what u are no on is join to make fun of u and if they do run to stuff and say there vein meanies

Offline raereira

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:34 »
going stupid auto correct

Offline Strawberry

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:40:55 »
As long it's all cute looking and not creepy I doubt anyone will be bothered by it  ;)
~Fruity husky~

Offline Gem

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA account
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 23:18:01 »
I dont think babyfurs are as hated as they like to think they are, In all fairness i've only ever come across one person who disliked me enough to tell me what she thought of me, and sadly everything she said was clearly a bunch of misunderstandings like she just assumed i was unemployed whereas in fact im actually quite high up in the chain of command at my current place of employment.  Sadly a minority of poorly behaved babyfurs seem to have tied everyone with the same brush whereas infact the majority of babyfurs are actually fairly intelligent and very nice people...or maybe ive just been incredibly lucky with the ones i've met so far.
I dont think im creepy, (although im biased obviously cause im me) but  im certainly not the sort of person who is gonna get in anyones way or in anyones faces, So hopefully everything should be okay.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 18:01:21 »
I always found it richly ironic that a furry would bear an irrational hatred for a fetish within what is essentially already a fetish community.  There are quite enough rational hatreds out there without having to put up with the irrational ones as well.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline Fionacat

• Cookie Maker
  • Fuzzy kitty thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 13:35:13 »
Are they realy hated n stuff?  i think its REALY cute.

There's a very small minority of people that really deserve the dreadful reputation that they have earned, unfortunately a large number of those people express themselves in terms of being a babyfur and this causes issues for the rest of the community by taring everyone with the same brush.

There will be a SIG (Special intrest group) party for babyfurs, mostly it'll be snuggling with plushies watching cartoons and chilling out in a party room the thing babyfurs don't tell mundanes, most of us are really boring and just want to sit and chillax.  There's a couple of people that will want to ruin it I'm sure by going over the top but the babyfur party room is going to provide a safe friendly enviroment for everyone there, we are going to toatlly respect the hotel room and make sure it's cleaner then it was when we got it and most importantly we are going to respect other congoers and not squick out anyone too hard.

I'm more then happy to answer any more questions you might have, perhaps doing so by PM might be best however.

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 13:42:16 »
Are they realy hated n stuff?  i think its REALY cute.

We are going to totally respect the hotel room and make sure it's cleaner then it was when we got it and most importantly we are going to respect other congoers and not squick out anyone too hard.

This is something that I hear alot about the room parties run by BabyFurs, the rooms are cleaner when they leave when they went in.

I hope you all have a fun time regardless of what a small vocal minority might say.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 13:45:10 by Washu »
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.