Author Topic: Introduction from the second GOH  (Read 5844 times)

Offline colson

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Introduction from the second GOH
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:18 »
I see that Mangusu has already done so, so I should follow suit and also say hello!

It's very strange to see my name at the top of the forum stating me as one of the two guests of honor, because I'm a regular sorta guy. I feel like maybe I should pinch myself to see if there somehow hasn't been some sort of mistake and this is all a very elaborate practical joke. I have been so, to put it as the British do, chuffed, with how the staff has treated me thus far and they all seem like such lovely, fun people. You can see that the hard work they put into planning and putting on the convention is really something they love doing, so how about a round of virtual applause for the staff, eh?

Anyway, just a note about myself - I'm a small town sort of guy though I'm from California in the US - you'll probably hear me say "dude" and "awesome" way too often if you're around me, and for that I apologize. I'll be putting on a concert with the incredibly talented Fox Amoore who will be dazzling you with his amazing keyboard work while I make you slowly bleed from the ears with my singing and guitar playing! I recommend copious amounts of alcohol before attending the show, if you'd like to come, because the more you drink the better I sound!

I would love to freely chat and meet a lot of new people while I'm over there and truth be told when I look at the attending list I don't know anyone personally. I'll be seeing new faces on essentially *everyone* there. If I could ask anything of all you lovely folk attending, is that you please not be afraid to approach me or chat with me. That's why I'm going! I'd love to chat about music with you, sing you a song, or have you buy me a drink. You can buy me lots of drinks. I like gin drinks, and sour drinks. Did I mention you could buy me drinks if you wanted?

Oh, and please feel free to introduce yourself to me here as well, and if you want to toss me an email or a message on Twitter (@rudderbutt), please feel free to do so there as well!

It will be my first time out of my own country so I'm very excited, and extremely nervous. (I've been to Canada, but that doesn't count; it's America's hat.)

- C!

Offline Azi Dahaka

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction from the second GOH
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:19:08 »
Hey Colson!

Pretty cool that you're coming all the way from the US of A and with it being your first time and all I'm sure we'll all do our best to make you feel welcome. I'm looking forward to that concert you mention as I'm a fan of Fox Amoore's work and I'm sure your additional talent could only make it better ;D

Anyway's, if I see you I'll be sure to say hi and we can share some awesome times.

Cheers!

Azi

Offline neweinstein

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:21:13 »
Then "Welcome!" to good old europe :-)

hope you will enjoy your time ...

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Did someone say furfag~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 17:38:27 »
Welome :D hope you enjoy yourself, and I hope to catch you at the con to say hi in person :)

Offline Ragear

• Cookie Maker
  • *streeetch*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 17:59:38 »
Hi Colson,

don't worry, the legislation that made wearing a carved bone in the nasal cartilage mandatory for every adult has been abolished a short while ago, so just prepare for a lorryfull truckload of fun, I think. Despite being an american citizen myself I found the people on this particular part of the planetary shell quite civilised civilized...

Ragear
constantly underhugged, please halp

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 22:15:29 »
Rudderbutt? Set course for bacon then Mr. Colson and put the kettle on :D
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Swolf

• Track Lead - Dances
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 21:22:24 »
hey, hope to chat to you, when i'm not running around that is :)

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 16:53:41 »
Noted... I will ensure that I am properly lubricated before attending your concert. :P

Somehow I have this image of you as Jeff Bridges from The Big Lebowski.

The Dude Abides.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline mut

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 22:15:18 »
Hi Colson,

A bit belatedly: there may be one or two people you know after all...

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:20:42 »
 Hi Colson. you sound awesome XD or type... awesomely... either way sounds great.
~Next time you see me, say peace, and I'll respect ya.

Offline Fairlight

• Pawpet Director
  • Pawpets Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 13:12:40 »
Dude, awesome to have you over! ^.^