Author Topic: Residential Registrations - Full!  (Read 16131 times)

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
Residential Registrations - Full!
« on: April 16, 2012, 14:40:46 »
Hi,

This is to let everyone know that we are operating waiting lists for all room types now at the hotel. This means that if you register, you'll be put on a waiting list. Should your chosen roomtype become available (e.g. through someone having to cancel), then the person at the front of the waiting list will be offered that person's place. Please make sure you are ready to pay quickly if you're on the waiting list!

The waiting list is on a first-come-first-served basis per room type.

If by the 20th of April at 8pm you still haven't received an email confirming you've been offered a room, then we'll email you to let you know you've unfortunately not been successful. After this date, we can only do like-for-like transfers of memberships if someone who is already confirmed as attending is unable to attend. Therefore, you can choose to go "Attending Only" and either find accommodation elsewhere or keep an eye on the forums to see if anyone is looking to transfer their registration, or choose to cancel your registration.

It's simply amazing that we've managed to fill the venue in our first year there. Thank you everyone for supporting the convention - it'll be a blast!

Kind regards,

-Tungro

Offline Azi Dahaka

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Residential Registrations - Full!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 18:46:53 »
The more the merrier! This really is amazing. I hope they're ready for us ;D

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 20:46:55 »
That was certainly an unexpected thing to do on the first year of a newer and larger venue.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 23:46:40 »
I don't think EF managed that feat on the first year of a new venue!

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 21:20:10 »
 >:( this might not end well for me then....
~Next time you see me, say peace, and I'll respect ya.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:17 »
>:( this might not end well for me then....

With this being the first year at the new hotel, with far more room, it was not anticipated how successful registrations would be, so no official over flow hotel has been arranged this year.  However, there are a number of hotels locally if you wish to opt for an attending only place, and book a room else where:

Premier Inn Hinckley - A couple of people are staying here, so you might all be able to car pool/share a taxi

Map of where it is in relation to CF venue

Sketchley Grange Hotel - Walking distance from Barcelo

Map of where it is in relation to CF venue

Many thanks,

Rizzo

EDIT: I have been in touch with Sketchley Grange Hotel this morning 19/04, and have managed to secure a preferential rate for double room occupancy but they are currently fully booked on Saturday, but have a party that have not confirmed.  If they have not confirmed by Friday next week, the rooms are being released for resale.  Therefore, for more information regarding Sketchley Grange, watch the forums, or email myself:
venue@confuzzled.org.uk
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:48:28 by RizzoRattie »
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 17:42:46 »
:'( this is gonna cost a lot... if i rent a car, that'll be about 100 pounds plus the fees and if i stay at the sketchy hotel which is 4 mins away from CF, all that will add up around 240 pounds and that's about $450 usd..... lol weird question, but does anybody live near RAF Lakenheath?

The cost of the potential overflow, excluding travel, works out the same as it would if you were a resident in the hotel.  Travel obviously I cannot factor in. 

I have spoken today both to the Sketchy Grange Hotel, and our current venue. I need to have a meeting with our directors and reg team for them to make a decision on a few things.  More information will be available soon.

Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King