Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Mr Fitzpatrick

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Hello...
« on: April 17, 2012, 23:37:30 »
Hi there.

I am not sure what to say here.....

I am 26, a little tall (6'3''), and I have....well...would the word 'mane' be appropriate?

I am not currently a furry, and I don't currently have a fur-name, I am not sure how to describe my 'fursona' as such.

I have been to other conventions, mostly anime and cosplaying conventions before, but nothing like confuzzled.  I do have a small number of other hobbies (folks are welcome to ask) but I thought I would like to try something new.

I picked something almost completely at random, and fate brought me here!  When I first chose looking at the convention, I wanted to come along with a mind open and yet prepared (so I confess, I did ask a couple of friends of mine who were already "furries" to talk about it a little, and I did do a tiny bit of research).

I hope to learn first hand, have a good time, and see for myself if it is for me.

Thanks for listening, and if anyone has ANY question (ANY at all), then please ask.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 16:20:32 »
How can we invent warp drive? Who really shot JR? Who put the ram in the ramalama ding dong? Where is Amarillo? When turning right on a three lane roundabout, which lane should you use on approach? If a train leaves London at 14:05 and one leaves Manchester at 14:42 how late will they be when another train arrives at Coventry?

Enough?

Oh well, welcome aboard :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 19:42:10 »
Amarillo is in Texas USA :P

He he Hi!
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Mr Fitzpatrick

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 22:52:02 »
SFW: Warp drive is surely in star-trek (in all of the versions, Picard is better than Kirk), Was JR Shot by the man on the grassy gnoll? Thanks to Levilion, Amarillo is in Texas!  As for the driving question, you approach it on the right hand lane.  As for the train question, that depends upon the relative speeds, the routes, how many stops have been done.

If you have any more questions, go ahead!

p.s. Thanks for the Welcome.

Levilion: Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the welcome!

An additional note to all:

I hope that folks may make a spot check (3.5, the GMs don't like version 4) on a number of things that I can put among this intro, so I can let more people get to know me better, on the off chance I might have things in common and make friends.

I will be honest, I am a bit of a nerd, but a polite person with a good heart.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 22:28:04 »
You may notice that some of us here are rather oddball.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Cebelius

• Cookie Maker
  • Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Veil
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 23:12:07 »
Not fond of 4 either... though I DO tend to like Pathfinder rather than the straight up 3.5... though of course we had to port in some of the unportables... Yuan-ti, Displacer Beasts, etc.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Offline Mr Fitzpatrick

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 13:47:06 »
SFW: I hope to meet lots of folks, and make friends for sure, and expand my social circle (I already know a good number of people for different hobbies and different things, so I doubt that I will be too suprised by whatever happens to me in the future).

Cebelius: Hello! I have a mixture of different systems and GM's around the places that I go (sorry to be a little vague, but I am a tiny bit nervous), some use pathfinder, others D&D.  I am pleased to meet you!