Author Topic: Payment  (Read 6127 times)

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
Payment
« on: April 20, 2012, 23:05:24 »
Question.... i can pay using paypal as well right? cause I'm kinda stuck in a serious problem here, and oddly enough, quickest way to pay is through paypal.
~Next time you see me, say peace, and I'll respect ya.

SouthPaw

Re: Payment
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 23:43:22 »
Question.... i can pay using paypal as well right? cause I'm kinda stuck in a serious problem here, and oddly enough, quickest way to pay is through paypal.

To borrow a catchphrase from Trevor and Simon: "We don't do PayPal!" (We don't do duvets either, but that's beside the point)

The reason for this is that PayPal's Terms and Conditions allow them to freeze your account at any time, pocketing the balance, and you have no comeback against them for doing so. In previous years this has happened to ourselves, RBW and Eurofurence.

As per the Registration page, available methods of payment are Google Checkout (for which there is an additional charge), bank transfer or over the counter at a branch of HSBC. Relevant details can be found by logging into the registration system and clicking on the "Make Payment" link.

Cheers,

Southie

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 00:41:54 »
Sothhpaw... for that I award you an internet :) If you recall the last one, they did do duvets :P
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:45:21 »
hate to bother ya'll so much, buuuuut how do i go about this payment from google checkout? cause if i do it with usaa it's gonna take like a month to be accepted and i don't have a pound account ready here, so i can't use a uk banks..... yea I'm really tied up here..... or 2 other things can happen.... either i can come up there  with the money XD which will be very funny, or i might just end up going next year.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:37:44 »
You should just be able to tranfer from your US account you just need to either see if you can transfer in other currencies or work out the exchange rate and allow for that.

I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:38:57 »
Google checkout accepts any major credit or debit card, much like you would make a purchase from a website with integrated cad payments.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:45:32 »
I really do appreciate everybody's help, but I don't think i'll be able to attend this year... i have a google checkout account but i don't know what I'm doing, and I'm running out of time fast and I won't have enough time to pay for it. and this is putting a lot of stress on me just trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 17:32:33 »
Using Google Checkout isn't too difficult, you just have to set your payment type to Google Checkout, here's a quick step by step:

1. Find the e-mail we sent you containing your registration login details (nickname, badge number, password), they are at the bottom of every e-mail we send you.

2. Go to https://reg.confuzzled.org.uk/index.php/attendee/signin and enter the details there, click Sign in.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the information you gave us and just below your selected options, click 'Edit Registration' with the pencil icon.

4. Next click 'Event Options' on the screen that follows. Scroll to the bottom of that screen and choose 'Google Checkout', then click Next and then click 'Save Changes' on the confirmation screen.

5. The change will happen instantly once the next page loads, next click 'Make Payment' at the top left of the page, you will then see a payment summary screen and a large blue 'Pay by Google Checkout' button. Click that and you will be taken to Google Checkout.

6. Once you are at Google Checkout you can optionally login to your Google account if you have one to save your payment info for future payments using Google (just like PayPal) or you can just enter your payment information for this one time use.

7. Once you have paid using Google, you have 15 minutes to cancel, after that you should get an e-mail from us and Google to let you know that payment finished and you are confirmed for ConFuzzled!

Nidonocu C:\>

Offline zangehe9

• Cookie Maker
  • Cudi the Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 18:17:07 »
Oh dear god, you're my savor Nidonocu. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!111  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I love you like a brother.

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 01:28:28 »
No prob! A hug shall do! X)
Nidonocu C:\>