Author Topic: To-do list  (Read 6380 times)

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
To-do list
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:26:46 »
With the convention only a few weeks away maybe a to-do list for the newbies amongst us, things to remember to bring, time slots for arrival and departure etc?

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
Re: To-do list
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 02:37:45 »
I remember worrying and thinking similar things five years ago! Don't worry though, a packing list is simple!

• A fresh t-shirt, socks and unmentionables for each day of the con plus a spare set just in case.
  • Comfy shoes, a couple of pairs of trousers or jeans and jumpers (This is the British Summer after all).
  • And while most of the convention is indoors, if its pleasant you'll want to enjoy the hotel grounds, so sunglasses, sun cream and a hat.
  • Any medication you might be taking, headache pills to help with those morning afters and vitamins too to fight off con crud.
  • Toiletries, soap, shampoo, antiperspirant, toothpaste, brushes, combs and so on! Places like Boots sell 'travel sized' versions of your favourite soaps, so you don't have to carry large heavy bottles with you. The hotel will provide a hair dryer and daily fresh towels so remember the 1 of your 6-2-1.
  • Swimwear and goggles if you want to take a dip in the hotel pool.
  • Furry Accessories! Your tail or fursuit, movie costume or simply a conbadge or two! Not to mention your favourite plushies to go to sleep with! A printed copy of your character and maybe a USB stick with more on too is a good help if you want to get a commission from the dealers during the con.
  • Cold hard cash. You'll be able to pay by card if you want for auction items you win or at the ConFuzzled shop. But while the hotel does accept opening a tab for your room or paying by card at the bar and restaurant, we recommend cash as its faster to process and will help stop big queues forming. And of course, dealer's generally don't take card so bring enough to spend but be sensible and don't carry all of it with you at once after you've checked in.
  • Adapters and plugs for your portable electronics. If you're bringing an e-Book reader, smarty phone, portable console or tablet, its a good idea if you have the ability to recharge your devices!
  • And most importantly, ID! Remember we require photo ID which shows you and your date of birth. So a passport, driving license or proof of age.

The following times are subject to change as we a finalising our schedule still but here is a rough guide:
If you arrive Thursday, we recommend after 2pm as convention staff will be on site by then and your room should be available if you want to check in and relax after a long journey. However, venue exlcusivity doesn't begin till 6pm so you might want to arrive later. Registration for early arrival attendees is at 8pm.
If you arrive Friday, registration is open from 10am and the opening ceremony is at 2pm so be sure to be here for that! You won't want to miss it! Check our travel page on the website for details about the shuttle service if you are arriving by train or plane.
If you are leaving Monday, the last main event is our closing ceremony and group photo at 11am where we normally have a few interesting things and fond good byes to give so don't run away too quick. You are welcome to remain in the hotel public areas till your designated transport is ready so if you are booking travel, don't make yourself rush. And again, on Monday we will run another shuttle.
If you are leaving Tuesday after the Dead Dog Party, similar rules apply but there are no events so you can leave as soon as you are checked out. I'll leave it to someone with more info on the hotel than I have to say when you need to check out by and there is no shuttle on either of the extra days so you might need to request a taxi if you don't have your own wheels.

And finally, as a newbie, be sure to attend the 'How To Get The Most Out Of Your Convention' panel. This will take place in Room 12 at 19:00 on Friday and we'll keep it entertaining. :)

Hope that all helps!

Edited: Corrected times with the information from Rizzo's post below.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:36:24 by Nidonocu »
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline Strawberry

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:08:31 »
Question about the pool. Does the hotel have any rules regarding wearing boxerswimmingpants as I know some countries seem to not like them for some weird reason making you to force wearing those speedo thingies.
~Fruity husky~

SouthPaw

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:28:25 »
Question about the pool. Does the hotel have any rules regarding wearing boxerswimmingpants as I know some countries seem to not like them for some weird reason making you to force wearing those speedo thingies.

Not as far as I'm aware, otherwise half the con staff would have "issues" if they wanted a swim.  ;D

Seriously though, I'm fairly certain the only hard and fast rule is "no skinny dipping"...oh...and no fursuits  :P

Cheers,

Southie

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:44:16 »
What's this "fursuit" you speak of? That's my real body. It's this "human" thing that's a costume ;)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 22:26:54 »
Oooh! Good idea on the images on the memory stick, that would be handy for giving references.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 18:51:47 by SFW »
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 00:29:36 »
The following times are subject to change as we a finalising our schedule still but here is a rough guide:
If you arrive Thursday, we recommend after Midday as convention staff will be on site by then and your room should be available if you want to check in and relax after a long journey. Registration for early arrival attendees is at 8pm.

Just a quick addendum to the above...The Hotel's standard check-in time is from 2pm and check out is by 11am.

Cheers,

Southie

Just a correction to these comments, Standard check in time is 2pm, correct.  Arriving at midday means that your rooms will not be available, so please bare this in mind.  Additionally, venue exlcusivity does not begin until 6pm.  This is a very busy and functioning corporate hotel, and they are booked solid on Thursday morning.  This means in additional to normal check in being 2pm, there is a possibility your room will not be ready until much later.  This is unavoidable regretably.

On Friday, check in time is from 10am, since we have exclusivity, the rooms will already be ready and prepared from the following day, so will be empty and waiting for guests to arrive.

Check out time on Monday is 11am, unless you  have late departure.  Check out time on Tuesday likewise, is 11am.  If you have a party suite for the evening, once again, check out time is 11am the following day, check in time is 2pm.

Kind Regards,

Rizzorat
------------
Venue Liaison &
Head of Fursuit Relations

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 00:43:50 by Cosmo »
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King