Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 13440 times)

Offline Fairlight

• Pawpet Director
  • Pawpets Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 08:50:27 »
My family knows, my work mates know.. I'm not really hiding any of it.. I treat it as a hobby like any other hobbies.. I find if you try to hide stuff then people assume it's dodgy. If you are open about it, they tend to find it maybe a bit strange, and maybe funny.. it might also not be their thing, but it's perceived as harmless, as such.

Like.. have a fursuit, hide in your closet for days on end wearing it, but never show it to anyone, or try to obscure it.. and you're a creep. Wear it, stride around in it, go onto the street, wave at people, and you're cute and funny.

Hope that makes sense ^.^

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 09:01:47 »
Like.. have a fursuit, hide in your closet for days on end wearing it, but never show it to anyone, or try to obscure it.. and you're a creep. Wear it, stride around in it, go onto the street, wave at people, and you're cute and funny.

What exactly are you saying here ;)
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Fairlight

• Pawpet Director
  • Pawpets Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:36 »
What exactly are you saying here ;)

*grins at ya smugly* You are different.. you're not even wearing it.. or.. do you? Darn, now you got me thinking..

Offline Lost Cause

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 19:15:48 »
Well, my mother has seen the rather tragic little fursuit I put together for myself and thinks I did a great job on it
My father is anything but total blind so I am guessing he has a reasonably good idea.
I have never mentioned furries, or the fandom to either them them though but with that said my mother actually booked the plane tickets for me to get to confuzzled last year XD
plus when I failed to get my driving license (for about the third time) she was the one that had to be in the car with me whenever I drove into town to get materials, She is also the one that gave me basic instruction on how to use a sewing machine, ohh and... yeah. I think there are lots of ways that these things become obvious to the people :P
I have made my statement and I stand buy it, but I could be wrong!