Author Topic: Parade Photo Feedback  (Read 7440 times)

Offline Amethyst

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Parade Photo Feedback
« on: September 15, 2012, 14:24:14 »
Oh man, late to the party but...

My major irk with the con was the photoshoot at the end of the parade.

So I have never been in-suit before that long and it was hard enough; I had to get out of suit pretty quick as my stomach started feeling upset. So I walked the parade, I was about in the middle in terms of my spot with a few suiters behind me. The walk was fine itself but the photoshoot at the end peeved me.

So first of all, we're all insuit and told to walk up several sets of stairs, with the added bonus of tails to avoid from suiters standing on the edge of them, about 3 times. So thats something like 3x4 stairs? A lot in a suit. Up and down, up and down. We'd get to the top and be told " no space, go back down". We would go down and " There's space upstairs, go up!" and get sent back up. This happened atleast twice.

It was the final journey down and there was about 15 of us that couldn't find spots. I was the last one down and so a grumpy staffer ( Not sure who, white guy with dark hair) ended up shouting at me to go all the way back up because they're were spaces and " You won't get in the shoot otherwise, go up!" First off all, I'm in suit, cannot hear you well and two, I get really upset if people shout at me. Even if it's good intentioned.

Anyway, I did as I was told along with the other fursuiters and we walked all the way up to the top floor. There were no spaces. Furs were on top of eachother just to poke their heads into shot. We hear the call of the photo being taken and we're no where near the edge of the balcony. There was about 10 of us that were just like, oh, that was worth going up several steps for.

What was the picture like on the end? The focus was on the Rotunda, not the fursuiters. If you were lucky and got to the first floor you were fine but any higher up and you're a little furry smidge. Yes, it does make a nice background if theres only a few people and you're closer.

What bugged me most was that all the fursuiters could fit inside the hall we met in, why not there? Yes, other cons do that sorta shot but with good reason; the focus is on the suiters and you can spot yourself easier.

TL:DR; Walking up stairs in-suit is not fun, especially multiple times. Being shouted at is not fun, even if it was just a personal anxiety thing and the guy didn't mean it, it did leave me sore after the con. The overall photo doesn't showcase suits well.

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Re: Parade Photo Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 15:36:38 »
I did manage to negotiate the many flights of stairs to the top floor OK while in suit and used one of the lifts to get back down.

Starting on the 1st floor we were told to go up to the next floor until all the spaces were filled.

I do appear in many photos but only my head is visible peering down over the balcony as is the case with many others, you had a chance of better photo on the lower floors.

What was the picture like on the end?

I have never seen the official fursuit photoshoot pic but there are many other.

There are some here:

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/azulikeit/sets/72157630018355448/

And more here:

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/62750709@N08/sets/72157629941489400/?page=2

Offline Amethyst

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 21:57:43 »
Hmm, I can't either as Furaffinity's search function is borked.

But the official photo is something like this https://secure.flickr.com/photos/azulikeit/7323809912/in/set-72157630018355448 but wider and with more of the rotundra in, it's a panaramic shot.

Looking at this photo ( no offence to the photographer) the building itself is the focus. The shadows make the furs at the bottom harder to see, each fur's 'spot' is only a thumb big, where as the huge balcony edges take up a lot of the area. Imagine this but ten-fold, because of the amount of furs and area to shoot.

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 01:08:54 »
There's a Confuzzled 2012 video by BigBlueFox, but I can't access it as it requires a password?

http://video.bigbluefox-media.com/cont-confuzzled2012.html

Offline RaithSphere

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • RaithSphere.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:50:59 »
Aurora, check your PM's

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:07:17 »
HI Amethyst,

your concerns and issues raised with the parade finish was justified, and all are points that have already been taken into consideration.  Regretably, with this being a new venue for 2012, there were many uncertainties about where the route could go, how we could make the most of the space etc.. as you can see from the area, it is quite geographically isolated, so we needed to try and utilise the space as much as possible.  We did not anticipate just how many fursuiters there would be, so this itself presented a problem in that we just had to many people for the rotunde as an ending spot. Additionally, despite a briefing, there was a lack of officials at the foot of the rotunda as the suiters arrived, so there was a distinct lack of instruction, which caused a huge bottle neck.

All of these issues have been addressed for 2013, and one thing we are considering doing this year differently is to start with the photo shoot first in order to ensure everyone gets to partake. Then, those in the parade, if they wish too, can duck out at any time and not worry about missing the photo.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King