Author Topic: Photoshoot feedback  (Read 10415 times)

Offline Malamutt / Tiger Tom

• Photographer
  • CFz Staff
  • Cookie Maker
  • Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Tiger Tom @ Furaffinity
Photoshoot feedback
« on: May 29, 2012, 16:55:49 »
Hi all,

I would love to hear any feedback from you guys about the the official photoshoot this year. Would love to hear what you thought we did well, what we could improve on, if the little poster we put together was helpful... that sort of thing.
There are a few things that I know we need to improve next year, like the signs about where to find us.
About a queuing system, I have thought about implementing such a system but I get the feeling that if I put such a system in place some of you may miss out on getting photos because all the slots are taken, and then if some don't turn up for what ever reason I'm left with a big gap. How ever I am curious to hear what you guys think :)
Unfortunately only one of the air conditioning units in the room worked, so it did get a bit warm in the room. I will make sure to have the second unit I had on Sunday for both days next year.
The photos should be ready in about 3-4ish weeks depending on how busy I am over the next few weeks and they will be available on the CF gallery.
I can tell you now from looking at the previews on the camera, the photos looks truly awesome!! :D

Thank you all for coming along to the photoshoot and making it so awesome!
*hugs*

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Photoshoot feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 17:21:01 »
The system is still better than what they have at EF at least- where you have to put your name down on a sheet in advance, and by the time I got there to register (which was still quite early on!) they'd all gone (half of the slots to staff members!). At least the system CF has, where you turn up and wait feels better, and you don't end up missing out.

Offline Blaster2

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • The 2nd coming....is coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 23:08:48 »
I liked it. I prefer a British style queue system rather than a registration one. Does means that waiting times can be long, but also means if it's busy, can always come back later! Having to be there at a certain time on a certain day which could clash with an impromptu engagement could be rather off-putting.

I also liked the preview image you had open, so we could see the pictures briefly after they'd been taken. That was new for me, and very appreciated!

Offline Lazerus101

• Fursuit Event Team
  • CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
  • Bunny, Carouser and Fursuit Events Spod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 23:15:30 »
As someone with a suiter partner and not as one myself. I agree with Hedgie. Of course Ember and I were lucky that when we turned up early there was no queue. But regardless I prefer the queueing system. Though it would be amazing to have something like a Live info board in the future to let people know when you have no queue and are waiting on people. Perhaps twitter powered as it would allow you to let people know when you had no queue or conversely had a long wait.

Offline Shirik

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:17:21 »
I was lucky enough to show up when there was no queuing at all (I was the blue vixen on the morning of the suit parade)  and the setup in the shoot was very nicely done. The "instant" system was wonderful where you could see a preview of the photos and it was great you had example poses in there as well as a water cooler and an aircon system :)

Offline sayh

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 15:25:50 »
Have not done this before, but I think it worked very well. Good directions for posing etc. Room was not the most suited for the photoshoot, a bit small, I guess, but other than that, all great! Can't wait to see panduckpics!

Offline aurora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 18:01:11 »
The fursuit photoshoot was fine, I didn't have to wait long and the guys running it helped me get the right poses for the photos.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 18:19:41 »
It's a pity I got so busy and missed out on the official photoshoot, next year I have to try and plan a visit to the shoot earlier on in the con.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Fionacat

• Cookie Maker
  • Fuzzy kitty thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 09:18:48 »
I tried the photoshoot twice and it was out the door with people waiting as I had other plans I wasn't able to wait around.

The location didn't help either the four upstairs rooms were really not well posted at all.

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 11:05:55 »
When I turned up, there was no queue! :)

Loved the backdrop this year, perfect!

I'd love to have spent more time helping with poses, but time at this con is so precious, maybe I could schedule it in next year, it would be a pleasant few hours!

Offline weremoco

• Cookie Eater
  • *bounce*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 11:06:02 »
The photoshoot was I thought really good :D

The instant preview was awesome - just enough to whet the appetite and useful for both suiter and photographer alike to correct issues quickly.

The queue system is a good thing - slots just wouldn't work with things overrunning and so on - and thank you to the lovely people who let me push in a little to squeeze a couple of photos in on Sunday - negative 6 minutes on the schedule was stressful!

I found it incredibly amusing that the photoshoot was upstairs - someone loves H and S forms! Although with time and care it was absolutely fine personally - even in slippery footpaws and full plate armour :D

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 20:23:07 »
You mean you didn't see the lifts? Or was that for the other rooms only?

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 20:52:57 »
Nope, there was a lift up to where the photoshoot was!

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 21:35:41 »
I thought I wasn't going that mad, I took it down whilst suited in Collin :)

Offline SeanC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 22:35:25 »
I thought it was great. There was nobody else around when I went up so no waiting for me. I had several shots taken in different poses, and there was a screen set up so I could instantly get a rough idea of how they came out.
Personally, I'd stick to the 'walk in when you want' method above any pre-booking arrangement. If you pre-book then you're kind of boxed in to being there at a certain time, whereas with the current system you can just go on a whim. Yes, you might have to line up, but any time spent with other fursuiters is always fun.
The only problem for me was that I wasn't aware of the lift, so I ended up attempting the stairs ( not so easy when you've got huge hooves )  :)
All in all, the photoshoot gets a big thumbs up from me. Can't wait to see the photos.