Author Topic: Age Limit?  (Read 5867 times)

Offline xXLonelyTurleXx

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Age Limit?
« on: July 31, 2012, 21:32:35 »
I'm a young furry, and I REALLY want to go to ConFuzzled 2013. I'd take my aunt and my friend (My friend will be 17) but I need to know if there's an age limit at all. I will NOT leave the side of my aunt at all. I'm not able to get an ID of some sort due to my age. I just really, REALLY need to know, because I don't want to have to drive 150 - 200 miles to find out I can't get in. Thank you ^w^

SouthPaw

Re: Age Limit?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:50:23 »
Sorry, but due to the UK's strict child protection laws, we require all attendees to be 18 or over on the first day of the convention, and to provide an official form of photo ID at on-site registration.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 17:56:18 »
It might help you to check out some of the local meets first, some of them have a 16+ age limitinstead of the convention's 18 year old one. That might help you to find out if a convention is worth going to before spending a lot of money on travel and attendance fees.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Bungle Bear

• Head of Logistics + Pawpeteer/Voice Actor!
  • CFz Staff
  • Cookie Eater
  • Buryin' the bodies. 'tis what I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 21:14:06 »
Some advice...
  • Like SFW says, go to some local(ish) meets and get a feel for the community on a smaller scale
  • Go with someone you know in person first! Meets aren't dangerous, really, but it's best to go with someone you already know in person - if something should happen to you, there's someone there who knows you, and also there's added comfort in that fact for your own wellbeing
  • Check local forums - various meets have various forums that give you a chance to meet/greet on there or find out more about a meet before you go. It all adds up!

And above all else, even if your first meeting goes a bit sourly, don't be disheartened! I had a bad first one myself, now I've attended 4 international conventions and 3 UK ones :)

When you do reach the min. age for attending, I hope you enjoy your first Confuzzled!  :)
Too many people have delusions of adequacy. Whereas I just think I'm a tractor!