Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 4560 times)

Offline UKthewhitewolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Hey guys!
« on: July 06, 2012, 13:43:54 »
Yeah I don't have anything witty to use as a title.  :c

Hoping to come along to CF 2013!
All you people looking like you're having far too much fun has finally broken me and I must join in.

However, I can't find a forum where I wouldn't look a complete noob (I know I am but still) making some kind of help topic, so perhaps someone who looks at this can help me.  xD
I'm not sure how the whole registration thing works when you want to share a room - I know you both need to register and pay for your ticket, but how d'you "say" you're sharing with so-and-so?
Also, how does the Dealers Den registration work?  Both me and my friend fancy selling in the den, but we'd want to have a table next to each other or share a table - how does that work?

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 15:14:37 »
Hello!

When you register, you can choose the type of room you want to stay in and at that point, indicate how many people you want to share with and, for the case of you sharing with one other person, if you want a twin or double room. Once you and your friend have both fully paid their registration fees, one of you can login to the registration system and request the other to room share with them. Once they accept the invitation, you are set up!

For the Dealer's Den, during your main attendee registration, you can choose to be a dealer and you'll be asked to provide information about what you are selling and your requirements then, you can also add a Dealer's Den registration later prior to completing payment by logging in and editing your registration. At that point you can choose to share a single table or have a table each. If you want to be paired with a specific person though you should request this, though sometimes it might still not be possible due to other layout constraints within the room.
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 18:19:57 »
Wuffles and welcome abord to the Confuzzled Express service to Hinkcley, calling at all stations to the A5. A trolley service of bacon will be served in the corridor during nightclub hours.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline UKthewhitewolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 13:58:13 »
Wow I am officially terrible at keeping up with new forums.  |8

Thanks for welcomes guys!
And thanks for the answers Nidonocu  <3

I'm now confused over more stuff though.  xD  (Go me? )
The price table only mentions double rooms (1 double bed or 2 double beds, I assume) but not twin singles?
Pretty sure me & my friend would be happy with just a twin single room, that the same price as a 2x double?
Also she said she saw somewhere that if there's not enough space other people might be placed in a room that could fit more people, how's that work?

AND, in the dealer's den, "Double tables"?  I assume that means a table meant for 2 people?
I assume that'd be a better option than each having one table and hoping we can be placed next to each other, because I would freak out on my own.  xD

OHH also, about the Dealer's Den rule regarding copyrighted/trade marked characters and stuff - how far does that extend?
Would something like hats with the MLP cutie marks on them be considered as breaking that rule?  Or would they be okay seeing as it's just the cutie mark designs on fabric a similar colour to the characters and doesn't actually have a picture of the specific characters on it?

And art prints of things like Pokemon but in your own style, not mimicing the official style?
Like so;
Official image of Arcanine from Pokemon - http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/b8/059Arcanine.png/230px-059Arcanine.png
Fan made pic in another style - http://static.zerochan.net/Arcanine.full.51846.jpg
(NOT my artwork, just an example.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 14:05:44 by UKthewhitewolf »

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 19:49:54 »
The price table only mentions double rooms (1 double bed or 2 double beds, I assume) but not twin singles?
Pretty sure me & my friend would be happy with just a twin single room, that the same price as a 2x double?
Also she said she saw somewhere that if there's not enough space other people might be placed in a room that could fit more people, how's that work?

Hi there,

One of the Commerce team will respond to your other queries, but I can answer these questions for you.

The hotel doesn't have any twin single rooms, all of their twin rooms have two full size double beds in them (and can sleep up to 4 people). 

We won't put anyone extra in your room than the number of people you'd booked a ticket for - if you book a ticket for two people sharing a twin room then we'll only put two people in the room.  If you booked a ticket for three people sharing but only set up a share with one other person in our registration system then we'd allocate a third person to share with you. I hope this makes sense, but if you have any queries then please do ask!
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline UKthewhitewolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 23:12:55 »
Ah right, thanks!  :D