Author Topic: Hello! Guest of Honour Here-  (Read 7576 times)

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hello! Guest of Honour Here-
« on: September 09, 2012, 21:44:05 »
Hi everyone!

First, thanks for the warm welcomes on twitter, FA, and what not - I'm thrilled as can be to be coming to ConFuzzled! There's been a lot said about me already on the guest of honor honour page, but there's still a lot more to learn about me... and I don't know much about any of you!

To correct this, please do the following:

1) Tell me something about yourself (like your favorite color, ultimate dream, cake or death, etc. pretty much anything you want!)
2) Ask me something!

Yeah yeah! It's a good idea. :D It will be fun!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:39:39 by Gab »

Offline Cursico!

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Hello! Guest of Honour Here-
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 00:14:27 »
Oh, why not?
Okay...

FavOurite ColoUr (:P) is usually purple, but I also like green and red lots too! My preferences for colours can vary with my mood, but pink and yellow are usually off the table!

My ultimate dream... Well, for one that I can realise in my lifetime (for the others are quite simply impossible) I want to get a nice big plot of land to create a biiig enclosure called 'the fox garden' where I'll breed foxes for intelligence of different types- training intelligence, puzzle solving intelligence, social intelligence etc. etc.- which will also provide an insight to the causal link between genetics and intelligence. SCIENCE FOR THE WIN!
I have got a long way to go yet, and I'm going to have to be verrrry careful on ethics; I only want happy foxies; but I will try and try hard until I get my dream *cape billows gallantly in the wind)

Cake or Death!? Eddie Izzard! OMG! <3<3<3
I love you.
:]
Also- cake.

Now for you... Urhm... do you have any idea if you'll be hosting events at Confuzzled 2013? Like... a drawing tutorial session or some such thing? That would be nice to go to :3 I could learn some things from you methinks.

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 00:43:57 »
Cursico -

Awwww! I love you, too!
Science is incredible. The Fox Garden sounds like an awesome idea. I have always loved the news articles about the various research done with breeding domestic foxes and the like. There's so much to learn from all of it! Smart and happy foxes, too, are wonderful. Yes yes. Good!

As for your question...

Now for you... Urhm... do you have any idea if you'll be hosting events at Confuzzled 2013? Like... a drawing tutorial session or some such thing? That would be nice to go to :3 I could learn some things from you methinks.

I do intend to have some panels, yes! I am not sure on the details yet, but one I really hope to do is a basic 'Anyone Can Draw' sort of thing where I go into drawing techniques/warm ups, practice, etc... with before and after examples! A tutorial on drawing cats or whatever is fine, but if I can break down the process and explain why artists do what we do, I think it'll make the whole art thing a lot less scary and a lot more doable for most. :D

Drawing is really fun! It's just also intimidating for those who haven't really gotten into it.

Offline Lost Cause

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:52:33 »
Cursico likes purple too! I have never run into anyone else that loved purple ^.^
I also like Luminous yellow! not regular yellow, Luminous yellow!
and silver. Does silver count as a colour?
I think that basically translates to Bright +  Shiny.

As for dreams... Most of my dreams tend to involve being eaten by things... Oh wait, dreams as in aspirations! yes. I have those.
I want to finish college!
for the second time!
and then go back to college!
Maybe get a Masters... And then a Doctorate!
Dr. Lost Cause! I like the sound of that.
The Real world is a scary place. I am staying in the educational system!

Throwing all things to the wind and hoping for the future I would like to become a brain in a jar!
Yes! Then I could commission a load of different mechanical bodies be manufactured, which my jar can be slotted into allowing me to pick the body that fits my mood every morning and pilot it about for the day!
That would be fun.

But for this moment that is all a long way off!
Right now what I really want is a cup of coffee... that will be number 8... in 3 hours.
Wow. No wonder it feels like it has been seven AM for the last eternity.
I have made my statement and I stand buy it, but I could be wrong!

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:14:09 »
Hello, Lost Cause! Or should I say... Dr. Lost Cause? ;) I like it! It has a very nice ring to it.

And yes, silver does count as a color. It's easily one of my favorites!

Offline Fairlight

• Pawpet Director
  • Pawpets Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:37:24 »
You draw cute things! I like cute things ^.^

Anyhow, here goes. I'm one of these creeps who spend entire conventions stuck in a dark room with other creeps, and we put our arms up otherwise perfectly inanimate objects, and we call this, in proper tech terms, puppetry. Or, since this is the furry fandom, pawpetry. ^.^

My favourite colo(u)r is yellow, which is odd, because I don't really like yellow things. (Bananas, first and foremost....)

Part of my dreams already came true.. I got to meet a proper Muppet puppeteer at EF last year.. guess the dream would be to one day be doing something like Mongrels, but that's a bit faaaar out of reach ^.^ I guess for now, my next dream is to finally get a fursuit. A cute one. I do so like cute ^.^

Other than that... I love to cook. Ask Twll. He likes it when I cook. *twitch*

As for questions.. hmmm.. Guess I'll throw your list right back atcha! What do you enjoy doing other than art and drawing? Dreams and goals.. the ultimate job interview question "Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?" ^.^

Seeya,
 Fairlight!

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:50:26 »
Hi Fairlight!

You and I will get along quite well. I LOVE puppets! SO much. One of my ultimate goals is to make a working puppet. And like you said, cute things! Huzzah! :D

And now, your question:

As for questions.. hmmm.. Guess I'll throw your list right back atcha! What do you enjoy doing other than art and drawing? Dreams and goals.. the ultimate job interview question "Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?" ^.^

When not at my web development job, or drawing, I'm usually doing one of the following:  writing, singing, playing with my cats, or watching movies. Sometimes all of the above!  I took film lit, creative writing, and vocal classes all through grade school and college. :)

In ten years... In ten years, I'd love to be a published author/illustrator. Ideally, I'd have a middle grade book series out, where illustrations play a keen role in the atmosphere in the story. If I could do book tours for these - speaking to children and aspiring writers at conferences and libraries - I would be the happiest camper ever!

Thanks for the questions. :)

Offline Earfolds

• Cookie Eater
  • Holier Than Thou
    • View Profile
    • Earfolds
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:56:18 »
Hello.

I wasn't familiar with you or your work before, so I looked through your webcomic archive and I have to say, I find it incredibly cute and very stylish. I look forward to getting to know a little more about you over the coming days, and hope you'll enjoy Confuzzled next year.

Something about myself: I love languages. I really enjoy learning them, but I'm only fluent in two so far (English and French). I'm also an avid amateur writer, which is probably appropriate with my interest in linguistics and whatnot.

A question for you: On your website, you mentioned you liked My Little Pony and enjoyed the Ninja Turtles movie. What other movies, TV shows and cartoons do you enjoy? Are they similar to what you used to like as a child?

For the record, I enjoy Adventure Time, and my favourite colour is lime green.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 20:44:38 »
Greetings and welcome to Confuzzled, it's hard to pick something to tell you about myself so I'll opt with the first thing I think of which I was a bus driver in London for a year and a half driving double decks and singles around Southwest London.

How are you at making tea?
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:35 »
Hi Earfolds! :D Thank you for reading the comic, and oh my goodness your icon is cute! What other langues do you hope to learn? I've taken Japanese for a few years but aren't really good at it at all!

And then your question:

A question for you: On your website, you mentioned you liked My Little Pony and enjoyed the Ninja Turtles movie. What other movies, TV shows and cartoons do you enjoy? Are they similar to what you used to like as a child?

For the record, I enjoy Adventure Time, and my favourite colour is lime green.

Oh goodness, great question! The cartoons that I currently keep up with are Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, Gravity Falls (<3!!!!), My Little Pony, and Archer. I watched Clone High, too, but it is sadly gone. When I was younger, I watched all of the Disney toons (Gummi Bears, Tail Spin, Rescue Rangers, etc. etc. etc), Freakazoid, Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, Pokemon, Dexeter's Lab, Power Puff Girls, and the old Ninja Turtles cartoon.

They're all pretty much amazing. I have no regrets for any of them! :)

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 04:07:03 »
Howdy, SFW! Oohhh, a bus drive. I bet you have a lot of interesting stories from those days. I used to take the bus all the time for university, and met the most unusual people in the process! So cool.

How are you at making tea?

Ah... LOL! I am not that good at it, I'm afraid! I mean, I can boil water and let tea steep just fine, but all I ever make is lemon and mint tea. Add a little bit of sugar, a little bit of honey, and done...? Not very fancy, but still really tasty!

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 18:56:42 »
Perhaps we need to have a tea making panel then for you to see how to make a proper cup of tea. Maybe if there's time learn how to dunk biscuits correctly too :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Gab

• Cookie Eater
  • I am a pineapple!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 20:27:17 »
Perhaps we need to have a tea making panel then for you to see how to make a proper cup of tea. Maybe if there's time learn how to dunk biscuits correctly too :)

I am totally on board with this!