Author Topic: IronClaw  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Raxes

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
IronClaw
« on: September 23, 2012, 23:22:32 »
Hey every one!

For Confuzzled 2013, I Shall be trying to run a game of IronClaw "The Anthropomorphic Fantasy Role-Play"

http://www.sanguinegames.com/ironclaw/

Character creation is extremity simple and the system is easy to understand. But I will bring some pregenerated characters if you just want to jump in and play.

I'll have to put a limit how many can play because you don't want to have to wait for your turn through 25 people.
It will be a limit of 6, first come first serve.

I could run a different session everyday with different people each time or the same people each time we play for a weekend super con adventure. Really it's all up to how many people are interested.

Hope to hear from you all soon.  :)

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
Re: IronClaw
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:22:13 »
Hi,

It would be worth contacting our events team (email on the website) we might be able to provide you with a small dedicated room to run this as an official event if you are interest.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 16:01:04 »
Does it run D20?
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Raxes

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 16:58:47 »
LevLion: I wouldn't mind it being an unofficial event and to be honest I would be a little scared of fifty people turning up wanting to play. But I'll have a think about it. Perhaps if I got a couple of GMs to run a few games. I'll see

SFW: It doesn't use d20s, but it dose use d12s, d10s, d8s, d6s and d4s. IronClaw is a success based system. For checks you throw a dice pool.

e.g. "I want to sneak past a guard" you roll your Speed and Stealth VS the guard's Mind and Observation

You can take training in different skills and you could get bonuses based on species, career and gifts but it's a little hard to explain it all over text. It's quite simple when you see it and get rolling.

Offline Slideshow Bob

• Cookie Eater
  • Garlic. Everything is better with garlic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 17:05:11 »
I've been trying to find people to play Ironclaw with for ages. Colour me interested (and purple, because purple is purty).
"I don't sleep; I dream."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 19:52:26 »
Oh I've seen other systems like that before. Werewolves of the Apocalypse was my branding material, but I was far more interested in the artwork and stories then the actual roleplay.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Delph

• Events Lead
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 22:26:17 »
Hi there,

If you're looking for a quiet space to run this, we can totally find some time to fit it in alongside our other events. I'd definitely suggest asking for more people to sign up than your target number of players - if someone bails out at the last minute, you could end up running a game with 3 or 4 players.

If it's the first time you've tried to run an event at a con, there's definitely people who'd be happy to help you get started and set up - and if we put a signup sheet beforehand, then you shouldn't get hundreds of people hammering at the door to be let in :)

How long do you think a single session should run for?

Stay in touch and watch out for a few more updates about running events soon.

Thanks,
Delph

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 19:15:56 »
Hi there,

If you're still interested in running this event, we're now accepting event submissions online - please see this thread for more information: http://forum.confuzzled.org.uk/index.php?topic=2025.0
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Zukizlilla

• Cookie Eater
  • You cant have tactical havok!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 13:28:40 »

I have to say that tho I love ironclaw, I think the system it uses is terrible - the setting is great! But no..I would not go thru the playing of it again after a few times playing and running it - its slow, overly complex and boring. Maybe look into plugging a different system into the setting?

If you go ahead with this id recomment using Pre-gens, character generation with new people will take a long time!

However I am planning to run a furry themed game of my own at the con, please come along and try that!

Offline Harlequeen

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 16:58:18 »
I have most of the books for this, if you need to borrow.